Topaz Photo AI v2.4.0

On sliders like lighting, balance color, strength, etc., could you include a small marker/indicator as to where the slider is by default? That way if we want to return a slider to where it was to begin with, we could simply click on the marker and it would go back to place. Thank you!

2 Likes

Having the subject selection visible visible by simply rolling over the icon near the navigation window was very handy. Also having the upscale automatically pick a scale factor after a strong crop was handy. the current upscale seems to always be set at 2x. Also the selection modification doesn’t allow edits until deselecting and reselecting a brush type.

All in all I like the new feature set, they just aren’t intuitively laid from my perspective.

1 Like

Would be nice to see a tick box to select zoom ‘permanence’, best of both worlds.

1 Like

50% zoom leaves out detail. I find 100% zoom offers a much clearer view of the changes that take place, and is not jarring to compare simply by clicking the image to switch back and fourth after the upscale is complete. A tick box to make the zoom setting permanent would be the best of both worlds, IMO. This means more productivity through less mouse movements and clicking to zoom.

2 Likes

I second this request!

2 Likes

Wow thought I was the only one that wasn’t seeing sharpening. That’s why I came to the forum. They just BROKE THE PROGRAM.

By doing this, Photo AI loses some of the wow factor you get when you see the quality improvement of the upscales
but anyway @gnx62694 's idea of being able to set the persistent zoom level should fix all that.

There is a MAIN Bug when using the Sharpen-Filter!

AutoMask is using “NONE” as Standard and then NO Sharpening will be applied
 It must select ALL instead to directly apply the Sharpening to the whole Image as Standard!

4 Likes

If you double click on the slider, it snaps back to the default value (user preference or autopilot).

As for leaving markers, it might get kind of messy, because the values change for each setting every time autopilot runs on each photo.

Regardless of the problem with sharpening:
This is the update I’ve been waiting for.
It’s a quantum leap in terms of usability and the possibilities for targeted use of the enhancements.
I’m totally thrilled and I’m going to get some more photos from my archive to improve them again with Photo Ai.
Really big praise to Topaz, you have done a great job.
Now only a little fine-tuning is necessary, but please don’t change the basic operating concept.

5 Likes

I have the new camera model OM-1 Mark II. Lightroom Classic can import, and Photoshop and Camera Raw can handle the ORF file already. But when I use the Topaz Photo AI plugin in Lightroom, the DNG files created by Photo AI can not be opened by any Adobe programs, and cannot be imported back to Lightroom after enhancing.

And the Upscaling is incredible slowly

It feels like ist has been get much slower the last 1 or 2 Updates
 :frowning:

1 Like

How do I switch off Auto Enhancement? This is a disaster: it completely smudges my image, rendering it unusable.

I agree. the interface is way worse and irritating . It was much much better before. Its so annoying I am not using it as much as I used to. I find I am using Photoshop more and more and using the old topaz apps instead.

15 Likes

I do not like the new interface at all.

The previous interface of seeing settings when applying filters just works better. Now everything requires multiple clicks, and settings/information immediately disappear when you apply new enhancements.

I don’t apply enhancements multiple times, and changing the order doesn’t matter to me.

The floating menus don’t add any improvement to my workflow. They now cover up part of the image, and have to be dragged down into the settings bar every time I add/change enhancements.

Zooming/Scrolling
Previously, when scrolling into/out of images it would jump to round zoom values (Fit, 50%, 100%, 200%, 400%). Now it scrolls more finely (103%, 109%, 114%), but skips the round numbers I want to see. This also means it tries to apply upscaling and other adjustments at EVERY zoom value. I checked settings, but didn’t see a way to change this. Like I said, I vastly prefer viewing ONLY the fixed zoom values, so this takes away something I like, and adds something I don’t.

Like others have said, having a user-set default zoom option (50%, 100%, 200%) in preferences would be really helpful for upscaling images. I upscale smaller/old files quite often, and it now tries to zoom-fits upscaled images even smaller than preview pane, rather than 100%.

Other
Subject preview when hovering over subject was really useful, and is now gone.

I’m sorry for the negative feedback, but I really like your software (re-upped for another year of updates last fall) and want it to get even better. I just downgraded back to 2.3.0 for now.

18 Likes

sharpen function doesn’t appear to work:
From another post " AutoMask is using “NONE” as Standard and then NO Sharpening will be applied
 It must select ALL instead to directly apply the Sharpening to the whole Image as Standard!". Confirmed that this is the issue.

The location of everything in the image is shifted slightly in the same direction:
I normally have “lens correction” set to off,
 If I toggle “lens correction” from “off” to “on” to “off” multiple times the issue goes away

Crashes at times:
uploaded - system profile, logs files and image crash notice (exit code 3221225477) Only crashes on certain files. If you need a sample of a file that crashes let me know

2nd upload - WIN10 - crash report from event viewer
“Faulting application name: Topaz Photo AI.exe, version: 2.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x65e0f7d2
Faulting module name: opencv_world481.dll, version: 4.8.1.0, time stamp: 0x65777814”

1 Like

good catch

I like the general principles of the new interface .

As required by others will be good to switch on/off any of the enhancements

Also capabilitie to reorder the enhancements ?

With the new flexibilities will be mandatory to be able to recall all the settings when we recall a picture previously processed

Also may be very usefull to be able to save and recall snapshots of the settings in order to compare without to have to save several files

Also will be very usefull to save our favorite settings and to be able to recall

So lot of room for improvements

Some others suggestions:

Capabilities to Blur /Deblur a selected area background, subject 

Add some others capabilities of Mask AI

1 Like

Is the face detection problem solved? I do not want to upgrade as long as this error persists.