Topaz Photo AI v2.1.2

Hi Andrew - perhaps I am missing something but none of the apps you have listed are still receiving updates except for Photo AI. Gigapixel, Denoise and sharpen all appear to have been abandoned by Topaz, so why are you still listing them for sale? I paid for a years updates on all theses products last year - but no updates.
Can you please clarify going forward what the plans are for these products? At the moment I feel hard done by.

Mark

2 Likes

The software still works.

I wouldn’t “renew” any of them now, but if I didn’t have them at all, I would buy Sharpen Ai and Gigapixel Ai. - And not even care if I get updates.

2 Likes

Every time I import from Lightroom, into 2.1.2. it now says the following…

Also, the screen, on occasion, truncates…

I had to downgrade to v2.1.0 to avoid these bugs.

Danke für die Tips. Bringt leider nichts. Nur wenn ich die original Details wiederherstellen auf 80% stelle, wird das Objekt soweit überlagert, dass dieser Felleffekt nicht mehr sichtbar ist. Egal welches Modell ich verwende. Allerdings ist dann das Rauschen wieder sehr stark und kann kaum beseitigt werden. Leider bin ich trotz aller möglichen Versuche nicht zu einem befriedigenden Ergebnis gekommen.

Hi Mark. I’m afraid I don’t work for Topaz.

You are correct DeNoise and Sharpen AI are no longer recieving updates and I’m afraid never will. Having said that, both applications are still capable and powerful apps to have in your arsenal.

As for Gigapixel that received an update a few months ago I believe the High Res model was added even before Topaz Photo AI received it.

As for future updates to Gigapixel, Topaz have plans to update it in the coming months.

Therefore, if you haven’t got these already then yes absolutely their worth it.

Please don’t fill hard done by, you have to admit they constantly deliver the results and never fail to impress

Hope this helps

10 months ago :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Schneller test, leider habe ich das original nicht.

Wenn Du lust hast schick mir das Original, z.b. mit https://schicks.digital/
Dann kucke ich was ich mit PhotoAI machen kann und poste dann einen screenshot mit settings hier.

If you like, send me the original,
Then I’ll see what I can do with PhotoAI and post a screenshot with settings here.

Reminder that Topaz’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday 60% off sale ends tomorrow…

topazsale

Thank you, but no thank you. I will not extend prematurely just because of lower prices.

Topaz Labs first has to prove that they are really changing something in the area of bug fixing and quality control. Before that happens I will not be tempted by any “specials”.

4 Likes

No problem, as beta testers we try to help move the products along to where we want them to be.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any updates to Gigapixel since March. Currently v6.3.3 is a growing memory hog and will eventually crash every time even with the tutorial images. I hope the update “in the coming months” fixes these issues.

somehow my 60% changes after few seconds to 15% no matter what I do. 15% upgrades I can buy throughout the year, no need for black Friday. Any idea how to get those 60% I got in the email?

Not sure, but see andrewlankester’s reply to someone from a day ago and see if it helps.

Also try a different browser to see if the website behaves differently.

1 Like

so is the upgrade price (1 year license extension) 129$, somehow I thought it would go below 100$ for Black Friday. Thanks for pointing me to that link though. Here I see 41% as the best option.

1 Like

Renewal for what?

Just PAI?

If so, it’s $74.

Am I the only one who noticed/finds it strange that there was no 2.1.3 or 2.2.0 release last week? Has there been any announcement that Topaz Labs changed their release cycle?

Most likely becasue of Thanksgiving Holidays, just like TVAI.

Hi Mike. Who knows what Topaz has planned for Gigapixel in the coming months, I know I don’t. And to be honest, I’m personally not expecting anything special from Topaz when Gigapixel finally gets updated.

I’m guessing it’s going to be fix Compatibility issues and possible Bug fixes.

Also I’m hoping Topaz add a couple of Topaz Photo AI features to Gigapixel for instance the ability to select individual faces and hopefully add the Preserve Text Tool.

And quite possibly add to Gigapixel a new Model or Two, as they did with version 6.3.3 because that version received an improved Standard Model and they added the High Quality HQ Model before adding them to Photo AI.

It’s a wait and see situation, Fingers Crossed :crossed_fingers:

Normally, I upgrade all during black Friday, but this time I am gonna have to pass.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’m in Europe, we don’t have that here.
They could have released on Friday, but I suppose they are stretched thin with people on holidays and taking a bridge day.