Topaz Photo AI v2.0.1

Update from within the app gave this message …

Log attached …
Topaz Photo AI Installer Log.txt (5.0 MB)

1 Like

Strange face selection, the back of the upper arm …

4 Likes

Unfortunately it still crashes in batch after 7 - 10 pictures. No subject selection, no face detection enabled.
Please help

Beside this, why is output file size always half the input size?

Please make the subject related options optional. Do not turn them on by default. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That it was… Also missing that in Photo AI, along with the old UI that supported multi-editing in batches.

3 Likes

Wow, I tested this 2.01 version for the first time today, and where I had good results with the previous main version, I’m now struggling…
I previously managed to have a correct enhancement (upscaling and denoise) of this picture (an old picture of myself…). Now my arms look bad, it’s basically a mess.

I know the source picture is a pity, but still… I add it below:

If anyone can get a good result… or it might be used for tests…

Could you also upload the result pictures from the good previous main 1.5.4 and 2.0.1 as comparison to the original you just posted?

Thanks for the new version, and the bugfix of the CLI. :+1:
Now I can finally try batch processing in conjunction with the added auto pilot features.
(I guess I will export a lot of windows registry entries for different autopilot settings to be able to switch back and forth before starting each CLI call ;-))

1 Like

You need to supply more context for this statement.

What type of input file? What processes in PAI are you applying to the file? What is the output file type?

Crop Original :
crop_original

Crop 1.5.4 ( (upscale 6x, low res, denoise, faceAI, resized) :
Crop 1-5

Crop 2.0.1 (same, even without denoise because if I activate it even with minimal strength the image has a lot of artefacts, resized, simple bilinear no sharpening) :
Crop 2

… and I have similar bad results with other low res images and the upscaler.
Wayyyyyyy worse with 2.0.1 than with 1.5.4…

I think I’ll wait for serious updates…

Happy to share the original file in its native resolution if needed.

1 Like

Input file is a 2001 jpeg, resolution is 1792x1200.
I use Topaz for actual photo processing, but as well with old digital pictures with low res.
I am also aiming at using Topaz with my Sony Mavica FD95 (I’m probably the only one, I know).

You replied to a post where I was replying to someone else, but nevermind. :grin:

I had a go at the image you posted and got this in a few mins of trying different settings:

All edits are just with PAI, but I would probably add a bit of grain back in another program.

Edit: Added link to full resolution version.

Full Res Version

Thanks for trying :wink: However you don’t have any details anymore (look at jeans, curtains…), and the shirt printing is a bit broken :frowning:

I hope I didn’t miss anything, because I didn’t find anything on this topic. I like to take advantage of the opportunity to automate the process using tpai. Does this update also contain the CLI bug fix? Since Topaz 2.0, tpai.exe no longer works. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah, the extremely blotchy noise leads to a game of settings whack-a-mole. Correcting for one problem causes issues in other parts of the image. A composite from multiple exports might be the best solution for this image.

Tweaking the denoise settings a bit more retained a bit more detail (using the Extreme noise model seems to be the best for this image):

Full Resolution 2nd Version

1 Like

Awesome update! My bugs are gone.

I have one little issues where it is not recognizing noise, but it my be my issue as I sent to to another plugin first, so ignore that comment (for now) :smile:

Keep up the great work!

At the moment we don’t support Photoshop CS5.

@anthony.lawn Thanks for version 2 and the hotfix. Question: Will the enlarge function at some point also work with the Affinity Photo plugin?

Hello, yes it does. I’ve tried it and it seams to work again.
I started the UI once, activated the program, set my desired autopilot preferences and closed the UI.
After that I was able to run e.g. tpai.exe d:\someImage.jpg
I did a full uninstall of 2.0 and reinstall of 2.0.1 - I don’t know, if that makes any difference.

1 Like