Topaz Photo AI v2.0.0

I agree with devenpsc.

That’s always the great danger of building a product. Starting small with core functionality, which has great potential, adding more and more features, until one day you have a mega-complex software, that only works half way. You might then find yourself in a situation, where the competitors kept focusing on their core functionality enhancing it over the course of time - in a way you now cannot make up for it.

The way it goes right now, with all the added new features lightning, color balance, and so on; it won’t be far that there will be a healing brush, a clone brush - and at one point you will have a fully fledged integrated pixel editor. :face_with_head_bandage: But the core functions will have suffered massively (as I would assume that you will not have stocked up the team exponentially).

There’s already a ton of proven products out there that do all of that editing and also artistic enhancements (Adobe PS/LightRoom, CaptureOne, Affinity, Luminar AI and so on).

As devenpsc stated the blurry patches issue and others are still unsolved.
Working with large number of images (batch processing) is still not usable in any way, which worked great in the old DeNoise/Sharpen/Gigapixel product line).
CLI is still very basic and cannot be parameterized, see here

Please focus on the core functionality, so that is stays an AI photo enhancement application. With the focus of making images look as good as they can - while keeping a natural look to the people in them (avoiding a plastic Barbie look :wink: )
And allowing users to work with a large large number of batches (UI and CLI).
That’s all we really need, at least from my perspective.
Plus enhanced quality control (as suggested in this idea, feel free to vote for it)

3 Likes