Topaz Photo AI v1.5.2

Please fix the tiling issue, TPAI cannot be used as-is:

6 Likes

The same sometimes happens to my Canon EOS R5 RAW-Files

I generally don’t use the apply setting to all images. I had a couple of instances when I did, I could not select the images afterwards. Also getting occasional model errors and program crashed a couple times. I tried switching GPU settings, but it didn’t help.

1 Like

In TPAI Try exporting a Tiff file from your RAW editor, in v1.5.2 at least this method seems less agressive than the RAW model

Went from about 20 seconds to process a 1024x1536 image to about 2 minutes. This last updated totally killed processing speed.

anyway we can revert to previous version? This latest is completely unusable. It is incredibly slow now.

In particular the last processing phase is just painful to watch. What used to take, seriously about 15-20 seconds, is now easily 1 minute+ on autopilot settings. Just timed this last one and yep took 1 min 20 seconds.

I tried changing manually between CPU and GPU and made no difference.

Trying process 20 images and what used to take about about 3 minutes now is taking about 20. Not cool

You can always get the previous release (or 2) from the Product Releases tab in the discussion forum under PAI (Photo AI).

Suggest you uninstall current rel before rolling back. Not generally needed to update (ie, move to next successive generation).

Rolled back to 1.5.0 and the speed increase is dramatic. Each image (again 1024x1536) → approx 2826x4239 takes about …

Well put it this way before I finish writing that first sentence, 8 images had been processed and upscaled. Less that 1 minute

on 1.5.2 it was taking 1 minute, 15 seconds+ to do just 1 image

reverted to 1.5.0 to make sure I wasn’t going crazy and imagining speed differences

In fact 1.5.0 processed each image, more or less same settings, in about 7 seconds each.
1.5.2 same settings, about 1 min 15 seconds each.

1 Like

pretty sure this is what’s taking a hit on my system. Installing 1.5.1 to see where the performance dropped. between 1.5.0 and 1 or between 1.5.1 and 2

it’s between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2

1.5.2 is unusable for me.

we’re not talking just a little slower. I would not be posting here if that was the case.

on 1.5.1 I’m timing a set of 10 images, AI Autopilot with starting resolution at average of 1024x1536 scaled 2.76x (basically I let it pick everything)

The save (processing to save) took 2:50 seconds for all 10 images.

on 1.5.2 …each image… processing to save took about 1:15 seconds

1 Like

Happens with Canon R6 CR3 files too. First time I noticed it after the update.

This happens with ALL files, regardless of camera model.

1 Like

Please open Topaz Photo AI, go to the menu bar on the top and click the Help > Open Log Folder menu option. Upload the log files in that folder to my Dropbox.

You can securely submit your file(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

I can take a look at this issue and try to fix it.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m missing something but when processing 50 or so images at once I’m finding I have to tweak every single image individually as Autopilot preferences don’t allow me to select which AI model I want and turn off Remove Noise for all imges at once.

From memory these could be set in autopilot previously to apply to all images?

I’m finding, not only in 1.5.2 but for some time now, that Topaz sharpening algorithms make a horrible mess of text (which appears in many photos), but we’re not allowed to turn sharpening off and get only noise reduction. Why not??

There is a Preserve Text option, but it takes an incredibly long time. I have to go away and find something else to do while it apparently searches for the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I now sometimes decide not to use the software at all, because it’s too much trouble. This wasn’t the case in the past, I used to be more satisfied with it.

YES! finally fixed the crashing with my A4000 RTX Card! Thankyou!

Who knows, it may get better (or worse) soon.

Countdown To Who Knows What!

1 Like

Working snappy on my system.

That’s nice for you. On my system, everything else works fast enough: it’s only the Preserve Text option that takes an incredibly long time.