Topaz Photo AI v1.5.1

Results from a file in 1.5.1, odd many others OK.

Will upload the RAW file via the Dropbox link.

Suggestion: Combine the detect face and face recovery tabs.

Makes no sense having both. If I want to enhance faces I just need to turn face recovery and it will then start detecting, why manually detect first then turn on face recovery?

1 Like

It keeps freezing on the Setup Wizard on Windows. Suggestions?

Which version of Windows are you using? And what GPU?

If your system specs meet the posted tech requirements for this gen of PAI, have you tried a PAI uninstall and reinstall using the installer from the top of this thread?

One other thought…in case it’s the Topaz server + everyone & their mother updating, can you try the things I’ve suggested at night or early a.m.; some time when fewer ppl might be downloading & installing.

Good luck!

Windows 10. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2800

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Did you try again with the uninstall/reinstall approach I mentioned above? Same issue, if so?

Ppl using Nvidia seem to have more issues than others. Are you using the Studio driver?

Trying the un-install. On a deadline so it’s been challenging

I know that feeling. It’s nerve-wracking…

Not really sure what is going on but now it takes 4 -5 times longer to process a file. If I right click run edit in… I keep my LRC edits but saves as TIFF which file size is Mount Everst. If Irun from file menu it saves as dng but would be nice to keep my prior edits. Lastly if I am not printing I would like to save as jpg to get the file size down. Overall I feel like this is “upgrade” is a mjor step backwards

Hi, there. A suggestion for future updates would be very welcome. The suggestion in question would be the recovery of the hands. In the same way as for the face recovery. Because in many cases where I do upscalle, the hands tend to be a little deformed. And or have a few quirks. And it doesn’t really look natural.

2 Likes

And toes (feet)… My hobby (shooting Castellers/human castles) always catch a lot of feet.

Hands and feet have a tendency to end up looking either like the subject have a horribel disease or like you’re shooting some extraterrestrial lizard/humanoid hybrid.

If PAI can be trained to ‘reconstruct’ hands & feet effectively, it could be positioned (from a Topaz mktg standpoint) as a genuine salvation for the hideous things that generative AI (Ps, DALL-E, Midjouney, etc.) produces, as well as help with ‘real’ photos.

Hands & feet are consistently the toughest for other fine artists to draw or paint well too.

1 Like

Since I upgraded the version of Topaz photo, it will not work at all (buttons not working, previews not pulling up, etc). Please help me downgrade it as I need to use it for a wedding gallery.

As sent from the latest version of Lightroom via Plugin Extras > Photo AI, Photo Ai v 1.5.1 will not open a .CRW RAW file from my Canon 10D camera. In contrast, this same RAW file readily opens from the latest versions of Denoise AI and Sharpen AI.

Just go to this page

and download the version you want.

@ida.topazlabs are people getting credit for each beta they test.I see no credit on my account.

1 Like

In addition to the reply from @jo.vo

Before you roll back to an earlier rel. on the Product Releases tab, uninstall the version you have now. A good idea to uninstall if rolling back…

1 Like

I wish it would be possible to scale the long edge of a photo to a certain pixel dimension. It is not fun scaling only horizontals and then going back to scale the verticals. Hopefully I am missing something and someone can tell me how to do that!

Can someone please help me troubleshoot why every photo I try to process through Topaz just ends up in this blank screen?

Michelle,

Can you provide more background info to help folks diagnose your possible issue(s)?

• What OS & processor are you using? Am assuming you meet the tech requirements for this release.

• What generated the ,dng(s) you’re running with PAI?

• Are you working with the PAI standalone or a plugin? If a plugin, which host is it running in?

• Do you see your image when you open it into PAI? Or, does it open to the black workspace? Or, only do that after you start processing?