Topaz Photo AI v1.2.5 - v1.2.6

I did this morning.

Hey everyone, weā€™ve just released a hotfix for the non-english character saving issue. If youā€™ve had this issue on Windows then try updating to 1.2.6 which should resolve the issue. This information is now in the initial post but Iā€™m adding it here as well:

v1.2.6
Released March 10, 2023
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changes since 1.2.5:

• Fixed images with unicode characters in the output path not saving on Windows
  • Fixed width of update indicator when there are 2 or more updates available
  • Fixed Demo button not showing up in trial/expired license mode
9 Likes

Got it. Thank you!

Thank you for the fast turnaround, much appreciated :+1:

4 Likes

OOps :blush: :blush:

Not a normal occurance - glad to know it was spotted and fixed ASAP

agree, having to reprocess the image every time you zoom is a waste of time and processing power.

4 Likes

As per Adam new sharpen model (Beta) will be coming on Monday 13.

I agree as well but it might be even worse if the entire image is processed in advance of the scrolling. Spend the waiting time up front in one shot or spend it later bit by bit! :wink: Tough choice.

3 Likes

How about being able to decide whether the image is processed in one piece in advance or in small pieces as you scroll?

Free tilting/turning of the crop-rectangle (not only 90 deg.) would be nice. Is that in pipeline ?

1 Like

Drag and drop image not working since v1.2.6 upgrade.

Have I missed conversations about deep shadows from ETTL images? I asked about it with version 1.2.4 in relation to un tone mapped HDRs from my phone. But with my Olympus, I regularly ETTL to protect highlights. I prefer a raw workflow, but with underexposed images, I canā€™t use PAI. I have to create a properly exposed tiff first. Not the end of the world, but the detail extraction (or recreation of it while uprezzing), noise reduction and uprezzing itself arenā€™t as good from a tiff as working from the original raw file in PAI.

2 Likes

Apparently Topaz Photo AI canā€™t identify my license without an internet connection?

1 Like

Try with DxO PureRAW 2 up front.

Have you tried with DxO PureRAW 2 up front - just to compare?

Should the raw files of LUMIX S5II be supported? It doesnā€™t work for me

1 Like

They use Libraw as the basis for supported cameras. But Iā€™m not sure which rel. of itā€¦
https://www.libraw.org/supported-cameras

1 Like

When is Photo Ai going to fix the support for Intel Arc A7xx cards. I keep having to go to the Intel OpenVino site and pull the latest binaries to allow Photo AI to use the Intel Arc A7xx card GPUs?

Its frustrating this hasnā€™t been dealt with. I think all I need is curves or levels in PAI. Or maybe just a shadows slider. Then again perhaps AI should be able to detect the shadows, lighten them, de noise then put the shadows back.

1 Like

I wonder what would be involved. I donā€™t know what goes into training an AI engine. Clearly, Photoshop (and, I assume Lr) recognizes shadows, midtones and highlights in order to generate histograms (for the histogram panel & in levels), as well as for channels and curves (and to enable users to make luminosity masks).

But, if a program/app (such as PAI) alters the tonal appearance in order to denoise (or, sharpen) it would have to be restored to the starting tonal range that photographers captured - if they want to alter it from there, to taste, thatā€™s another matter.

1 Like