Topaz Photo AI v1.2.0

Figured out the issue here. The autopilot in previous version selects low reso model for this image (you can check it by clicking to expand the enhance resolution filter), while now selects standard/natural model. For this case low reso model is more suitable since its noise level. We will optimize the auto pilot behavior in this week’s release.

1 Like

Hi yuan,

Thank you for your quick reply we decide to go different route so there is no rush. The setting we were using are listed below. We were using the same setting to do similar work before this update with no problems.

Subject Detection

• Portrait
    Sharpen
  • Medium (Blurry)
  • High (Very Blurry)
    Face Detection
  • disabled
    Auto-Upscaling
  • set Output Size, 2 Scale

Hi Yuan,
It would be great if we have option of comparison view like standalone application .

1 Like

I have just send you the image.

System info"

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name WILDONE
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP ProDesk 400 G4 MT
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 1JJ56EA#ABH
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date HP P03 Ver. 02.04, 30-3-2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 6.21
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 82A1
BaseBoard Version KBC Version 06.15
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale Netherlands
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = 10.0.19041.2251
User Name WILDONE\User
Time Zone W. Europe Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7,90 GB
Available Physical Memory 689 MB
Total Virtual Memory 31,3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 20,3 GB
Page File Space 23,4 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Hi Yuan,

I have experienced that when using gigapixel 6.3.3 with the new HQ algorythm for high noise images, using a high remove blur setting (I am using 100 with the limited pictures I have tried) and a higher than autopilot suggest for fix compressing (I am using 40 with the limited pictures I have tried) I get better results than the low resolution algorythm. (For suppres noise I use the autopilot value.) With proper settings the new HQ algorythm can produce better results then the low resolution algorythm. I would there for try to not use the low res algorythm.

In Photo AI with no manual adjusting the algorythms. The low resolution does produce better results.
Hoping for manual settings and a more appropiate autopilot settings.

Win 11 Pro desktop PC. Processor = Auto (AMD RX6800 XT, Intel i9 12th gen). Ps 2023 Plugin. All AP options set to Off in Prefs except for the 3 tiers of Sharpening.

Working with .tif image from Ps in PAI 1.2.0

Comments/Feedback:

• The interface continues to ‘ripple when I slide the vertical divider bar in Split View to expose the Original vs Processed Preview.

• The image in both the processed preview and the saved back to Ps (2023) layer shows the following: significant ghosting shadows (in a southeasterly, diagonal direction from the subject). There is no ghosting in the original view in either the launching Ps layer or in the before processed view in the PAI plugin.

• There is a significant pixel hop/shift (down and to the right) when I turn the Ps layer visibility Off/On after the image has been processed by PAI and sent back to the Ps layer.

I’m attaching Before/After (ie processed preview) screen snips below to show the ghosting (only a video would should the rippling and the pixel hop) - the views look exactly the same back in Ps and I’m starting to limit time spent nowadays b/c not seeing any product changes based on prior feedback (including multi-upvoted feedback). And, the product QA is such that I can’t really use PAI for my fine art photography work w/out those feedback features incorp’d.

Before:

After:

4 Likes

Seems no one is listening concerning the brush options with this kind of problem, also do small bird photography in dark type woodland and have to use high ISO, all that is needed is some kind of adjustable brush to get into those small areas. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi Elsa - are you on Mac? If yes, I’d ask you to do the following if possible:

1. Open Terminal on your Mac
  2. Type in (you can also copy and paste): grep -n “install-psplugin” /var/log/install.log > ~/Desktop/topaz-support-installer.log
  3. Press Enter
  4. Go to your Desktop
  5. Upload “topaz-support-installer.log”

Hi - would the artifacts go away if you tweak the sliders (e.g. dial the Strength slider up)? If you could send me the original image through Dropbox, it’d be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi David - what model in DeNoise AI were you comparing the results with? Can you please send me the original image through: Dropbox? Thank you.

Hi - can you please reproduce the crash one more time and send me the last 2-3 log files from Help > Open Log Folder? Thank you.

Hi - would tweaking the RAW Remove Noise sliders remove the artifacts for you? I’d also appreciate it if you can send me the original image through: Dropbox. Thank you.

Thanks, Jayesh. Looking into it.

Hi Jose - I think something on the computer may be blocking the connection. I’d ask you to open a ticket on our support page and we’ll help you troubleshoot the connection issue.

Hi Michael - If you can send me the original image through Dropbox, it’d be very much appreciated. Please let me know if you’ve sent it. Thank you.

Done, thanks Yazi.

1 Like

Hi - can you please send me a screenshot of the black screen and your log files from Help > Open Log?

Hi - the ability to crop in LrC has been added in v1.2.0 :slight_smile:

Hi - I’d appreciate it if you can send me an installer log file by doing the following:

1. Open Terminal on your Mac
  2. Type in (you can also copy and paste): grep -n “install-psplugin” /var/log/install.log > ~/Desktop/topaz-support-installer.log
  3. Press Enter
  4. Go to your Desktop
  5. Upload “topaz-support-installer.log”

Hi! Are you still running into this issue? If yes, please reproduce the issue and send me your log file from Help > Open Log Folder. Thank you.