Topaz Photo AI v1.2.0

I had not seen this for a while but ran across it again yesterday on 1.1.9

Remove Noise still artifacting grass. All versions through the new 1.2.0 have done this.

Remove Noise OFF:

Remove Noise ON:

???

3 Likes

6-megapixel model face restored. Except for one front tooth, very much an improvement:

Jay Maisel (same camera and event, Photoshop World 2011):

Bug Report: On cropping and upscaling a raw image, the preview is vertically stretched. This has been carrying on since last version. Please rectify this at the earliest.

The HEIC support that now works much better unfortunately has a really annoying bug when saving in the same format.
If i work on an Image in Topaz Photo Ai 1.20 either importing it from Lightroom or using the standalone version, the saved output (in the same HEIC format) is not compatible anymore and all the metadata are lost. There’s also no preview and lightroom gives an error importing it back. Before this release there were no issues. Can I Try something different to make it work?

I have a problem. The problem with female nude pic. Before update v1.2.0 it was sharper. Can i send nude pic here as sample quality for review?

In v 1.2.0 i cannot open pictures anymore. screen stays black. I use Mac Mini 2018.

1 Like

Dear Topaz Team,

I tried to improve a Canon R5 photo from my last South Africa trip in 2022. The photo shows a black backed jackal catching a cape turtle dove at a waterhole in the Kalahari.
The head of the jackal and the caught dove show some blurriness, assumable due to the fast action of the scene. Exposure time was 1/2000 sec. Probably to slow.

I tried to improve sharpness using Photo AI 1.20 on a PC and the result is (according to my view), that
a) Photo AI makes an exceptional job working on a tiff file handed over by Lightroom using the traditional “Edit in…” workflow. I am very happy with this result.
b) Using the recommended raw workflow with lightroom the result is a lot less perfect.
The DNG file shows some very coarse sharpening and strong artefacts.

As tweaking the Auto Pilot settings did not substantially improve the results in both cases, I used full Auto Pilot settings for both files.

Generally I would prefer to use the raw workflow, as recommended by Topaz. I see the main advantages in the possibility to change white balance and camera profiles even after the Photo AI run.

Am I doing somthing wrong?
I am looking forward to your response,
Hans Kühne

I upload the original Canon R5 raw and the Photo AI files as a zip with the name “Hans.kuehne@t-online.de _67A6575.CR3” to your dropbox link.

1 Like

Loving all the updates.

One regression is that the film strip slides to a predefined position every time it processes the image. Users expect the filmstrip to stay where they positioned it and not to move automatically.

Cropping: Need to do a 5x4 crop. I have the settings correct for what I need. I select “apply crop” and the ratio flips to 4x5 as applied. I have tried over and over with different photos and the ratio flip continues.

Same problem. If only 1 photo is sent to PhotoAI from Lightroom Classic it edits ok, but comes back with flat dull colours and metadata date etc… is lost - edited image is unusable. If more than 1 photo edited in PhotoAI (from Lr Classic) together it is the first image that comes back as above, the others are correct!..
Never had this issue before

Question for anyone.

Does Photo AI automatically use the High Fidelity setting, or does it adjust based on the image?

Kind Regards

Looking good. However, when will we be able to crop in PAI when it is used as a plug-in (either in plug-in extras or edit-in) in LrC like we can in Gigapixel AI? I can crop if used as a stand-alone, but not as a plug-in.

Just loaded 1.2.0 and tried to crop. Photo AI crashed when used from Lightroom via Edit-in followed by Photo AI. And also crashed using Plug-in Extras followed by Process in Photo AI when cropping.

Using Windows 11 with an Olympus EM1ii RAW file.

Hi,
I tried on few photos most of the time it will choose H.F rarely it will choose STD,

Hi All,

I have noticed that Face Recovery has become less sharp lately. I have reprocessed a photo I have also done 2 weeks ago (with the then latest release of photo AI (1.18 if i am not mistaken)). Reprocessing with version 1.20 results in a less sharp image. I have used the low resolution algorhytm for the upscaling and face recovery selected.

1 Like

Thanks, jayesh.

Latest version causes Photoshop to crash the minute I launch the Topaz Photo AI filter. App itself works fine.

The new up-scaler leaves a lot of noise in the photo. I now have to select denoise for almost every photo where previously, I only rarely needed to do that - up-scale did the necessary denoising.

Cannot activate Photo AI 1.2.0 on brand new 2023 M2 Mac Mini (latest Ventura).

PAI interface and mouse cursor flickers, PAI window cannot be dragged, little blue video artifacts flicker across screen, activation webpage opens briefly then closes (if tab is reopened, Safari cannot find server). PAI still asks to be activated.

I did have PAI working in demo mode briefly (I don’t recall if it was flickering then, it is now while still in demo mode) and upscaling test results were great.

I also installed Gigapixel 6.3.3 at the same time and activated without issue, no problems while working.

PAI works fine on my other Macs (2020 M1 MBP, 2013 MBA).

(PAI 1.1.9 does the same thing on the M2 Mini.)