Topaz Photo AI v1.0.9

Sorry but it seems to me Topaz have released a software back I believe in July and 5 months down the road it is still not working correctly, so many posting a lot of problems, they made a big deal of giving it away to subscribers/owners but it’ seems it was just a way of getting people to trial it over months, may I suggest that those at the top stop ALL future updates and sit round a table and get it sorted in house. finding the previous individual software’s are although slower at least reliable
Seems a panic button was hit on this before release.

2 Likes

Many thanks

Sadly having gone back to 1.08 I now get the same error message (graphics backend for Vulkan) whereas before uploading 1.09 it was working well. I did remove 1.09 first as per your suggestion. Any suggestions?
The individual programs still working fine - very odd for a computer illiterate bod!

I downloaded the program from the Topaz website rather than thru the program. I uninstalled the program, and it seems to be working the same as the prior iteration. No lags in analysis.
Denny

Plugin doesn’t work with LRC anymore after update to 1.0.9. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, but same result. The program itself is working fine.

1 Like

The noise strength slider has no effect (Windows 11). See the following three examples.

1. Noise Reduction “strong”, strength 49 (suggested by autopilot):

2. Noise Reduction “strong”, strength 1

3. Noise Reduction “strong”, strength 100

As can seen in the example, the strength slider has absolutely no effect. Tried it on multiple images and the behaviour is always the same.

Processor: Ryzen 9 6900HX
GPU: NVidia 3070ti

4 Likes

Pls see my suggestion to Kurtwecker just above (it may be post #42). They are having the same issues you are. Including after rolling back to a previously working prior version. In a nutshell it says to reinstall 1.0.9 again, try to run it, if/when it crashes gather the log from the crash to send to Topaz via Dropbox (all the instructions for where to find on Win PC & link are in the above post). I hope it helps the devs diagnose & fix the issue.

BTW, if you installed 1.0.9 from within PAI, pls try grabbing the installer from the top (Home position) of this thread & use that for this installation round.

Thx again - I can find a folder called crash pad but no logs. Is that the one to send? I did upload from the link above as suggested.
cheers
Richard

1 Like

As subscribers, you mean the folk that paid for a regular update to the software that they subscribed to. Problem is Noise AI and Sharpen AI have not been updated for months and we have paid to become free testers for a piece of software that still cant mask properly or be used for serious images.
I think Topaz need to understand that we PAID to not receive the updates we believed we would get, and instead they went off on a crusade they chose, leaving us no alternative. If they want to make new software great, but half baked Beta is not a suitable alternative to the items we tested and chose to pay for and pay for updates.

4 Likes

If you don’t want to use it then there is no need to raise a post like this.

In my case I have older hardware and the app is ok with a few minor glitches and so much more convenient than running both other apps.

The issue with any AI application is that it needs to be trained to apply to images that are not perfect. But some of the images used for testing that I have seen here are simply unrecoverable.

Just FYI my hardware is i7, 16GB, GTX1050/4GB on Win 11 and I don’t have any issues but I also don’t run any utilities that affect the OS in the background or use the PC for gaming.

Request: Add export location to Sub-Folder of Original Folder in SAVE TO section

Currently, we have to use “Browse” and need move to each time.
I just would like to simply save to sub-folder into original folder.

I’m not sure. I have a file (Win 11) called “Logs” in that folder hierarchy I mentioned.

It traces to what the Help menu opens to (but that someone who can’t open the program due to crashing can’t access via the program interface).

If you provided a brief explanation of what’s happening for you and sent that info I’m sure they’ll follow up if it’s not clear. They’re very nice and conscientious about things like that.

Here’s hoping it gets corrected for you! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Updated to 1.0.9 and now every time the plugin is selected, Photoshop crashes. Have had to revert (again) to Sharpen AI.

TPAI can only save out RAW data as DNG files, so they cannot overwrite existing RAW (but non-DNG) files. If you saw a prompt about making copies first, you probably had some non-RAW images selected as well.

That sounds like a bug. The Plug-In Extras flow should not disable resizing the image. If you reach out to support we’ll ask for data that should help us figure out what happened.

Face recovery is available in Gigapixel, although in the future there may be features exclusive to TPAI not present in any of our other image apps.

Thanks… I will try this now and report back to you. Sorry for the delay in my response.

Kurt

I removed 1.08 and re-installed 1.09… same issues I had over the weekend. I just uploaded 3 log files from just now to the link you gave me.

Kurt

2 Likes

I hope that will help them diagnose & fix whatever the issue is. More info can only be a good thing to ID bhvr patterns in the code.

I may have found the issue? I use two monitors working from my laptop. On my main monitor it works fine now. When I switch to my laptop monitor it starts to jump from full screen to half screen and all the pull downs menu bars are a button off below as all as any of the module controls are locked up unusable. I just re-booted my machine and disconnected my external monitors to see if this is running correctly now.

1 Like