Topaz Photo AI v1.0.7

Currently, the remove noise filter always applies to the entire image. The subject mask only applies to the sharpen filter, and even then only when the “subject only” box is checked.

1 Like

Anthony, thanks for your reply. I attach an image seen before of the Hogwarts Express on the Viaduct. This is a 100% clip of the image, it was processed in ACR and then given to Topaz AI Sharpen. Only the central area was selected to be sharpened by the Plugin’s own masking,.all settings are Auto, to include noise removal. As I said it looks to me like only the masked area is both sharpened and noise removed, the outer 2/3 (left and right ) are neither sharpened or noise removed.

I have to say, this is by far the best photo AI upscaler program out there! It even outperforms Gigapixel AI in certain ways; Autopilot being the best feature. Sure, you have a lot more to work with in Gigapixel AI, but if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands and you need to quickly do a batch upscale, Topaz Photo AI is where it’s at.

I just noticed this but, for me, b1.0.7 is not working correctly as a plug-in when it comes to selecting what to sharpen. Despite a mask being created, when I click done, the mask is not applied. It works correctly as a standalone.
There is a work-round. Which is to click outside the image then delete what has been selected.
Video capture available.

@anthony.lawn @yazi.saradest I think the flipping problem is Libraw .
Rawdigger is also flipping IPhone 14 pro photos.

New version available.