Topaz Photo AI v1.0.7

As I’ve said numerous times cannot get PAI to open as a plugin in Photoshop; it works in Lightroom Classic. Two questions for anyone with a Mac who is successfully using it.

1. Please look in your Photoshop folder in Applications and click on plugins. Is your PAI plugin there without a folder, as it is in mine?

And second: go to the Photoshop menu at the top and click on About Plugins, then click on PAI. Is this what you see? And why would it say “About Topaz Remask” at the top? TIA
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 4.24.14 PM

I have ON1 Photoraw 2023 and PAI integrates well , just like other Topaz products. Windows 10.

I wish it would open full screen like most other programs.

2 Likes

When I grab the image with the mouse to move the view point it feels quite choppy/stuttering: - YouTube

As a Windows user I have been asking way back in early Beta for this software to observe the standard Win 11 format for window size and placement . Dragging and dropping from other DAM software is a pain.
It almost makes you think " is it worth feeding back ?"

2 Likes

The diagonal offset that I first reported with 1.0.3 is still present in 1.0.7.

As noted there, it only happens when the GPU (in my case that’s a Ryzen 3 3200G with integrated Vega 8 Graphics) is used and the Sharpen option is active - but not if the Lens Blur or Motion Blur options are selected.

All the sharpening options usually cause nasty anomalies in my photos anyway, so that’s another reason why they should be either fixed or eliminated.

Your is one problem I don’t have. But I have others.

It always opens full screen on my Windows 10 PC.

The Windows Photoshop plugin (filter) mostly works. What is missing is when using the plugin on a Photoshop Smart Layer, Photo AI does not remember the last settings from Topaz, thus I have to start over. For usability Photo AI needs to work like other plugins, e.g. NIK, where it knows exactly what settings were used last time on this Photoshop Smart Layer.

thanks

jason-2269JasonNewton13h
We’re now at 1.07 and yet, the window resize issue has not been addressed.
Seriously, am I the only one with this problem?

No, you are not!

Anybody??

After install the 1.0.7 updates (Windows, click the update button from Photo AI v1.0.6), it get nothing after click Edit in “Topaz Photo AI” from LrC. The Denoise and rest apps have no problem.

It does’nt work even repair/Uninstall-Install.

What happened?

I just opened it on my PC and it does open full screen. I believe it was a previous version that was not opening full screen.

Update: I minimized PAI and then clicked on the task bar icon to maximize it again and it didn’t open full screen. So that is what I was remembering.

After skipping a few versions, I have now reinstalled V1.0.7 after completely uninstalling the old version.
Unfortunately in standalone mode still no thumbnails for Canon cr2 and Cr3 files and iPhone 13 RAW are displayed at the bottom left!

(Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.2130), Intel I9-9900K, Asus RTX 2060 with the latest NVIDIA Studio-Driver 522.30)

Screenshot 2022-10-29 112448

Can’t install the update I got this message

@anthony.lawn Snow Flake Test:No way to crop.

That’s what happens for me too (that doesn’t happen for any other apps on my PC or older Topaz programs). It should re-open to full screen from the Task Bar too.

Sure there is (unless you’re talking about PAI itself…)! Press Shift-command-4 and draw a box around the relevant area for your screenshot.

Or after the fact, open the screenshot in Preview and use Tools>Rectangular Selection, draw the box, press Command-K, save.

Otherwise, we all know what websites you visit and what apps you have installed-!

Wish PhotoAI would use more than 1 Processor processing wish it would use all as well as GigaPixel.
I meant PAI it self :slight_smile:

@Artisan-West Snow Flake was shot with my cannon camera :slight_smile: