Topaz Photo AI v0.5

This update won’t include 16-bit LZW, unfortunately. Auto closing after processing in PS mode should already exist - I might be misunderstanding your request?

1 Like

For some reason Photo AI sometimes doesn’t recognise the face of the left girl. But an identical file with less tweaking in Capture One results in 2 recognised faces. Can’t understand why as the changes between the 2 pictures are minimal and the faces are not obstructed.
Picture that causes problems is in TIFF file format, but I can’t upload it here on the forum. The problematic TIFF file has been uploaded to dropbox.

1 Like

Hi Anthony, i was getting a msg box after hitting Apply when using the Ps Plugin that required me to click “Ok” to get the fx to apply.

Oopsy, it may have been the latest GAI Automate plugin, sorry! B/c I had to hit “OK” for resize to apply - and there’s currently no resize in the PAI plugin.

That’s what I get for testing multiple prods while desperately trying to recover fave lost legacy products… Thx!!!

1 Like

Photo AI seems to a great job on removing noise and removing lens blur on sharpening. What was unexpected is that the file sizes on the original CR3 Raw files are in the region of 57MP (Canon R5) but the edited (noise and sharpening around 8, no enhancement) TIF files are 230MB. That seems very extreme and will limit the number of images to only those ones I am going to use. Will that change in the first version.

I originally had only DeNoise AI. I upgraded to the whole package just to get Photo AI. All downloads were successful but when I tied using it from Lightroom for the first time I got this login error message.

In the FAQ list of supported RAW formats, I hope you will add the Sony ILCE-7IV (A7iv).

Also in that list, the “ILCE-7R (A7R” is missing a closing parenthesis

1 Like

I see Photo AI showing up as a Lightroom Classic Plug-In (Photo | Edit In), but not as a standalone app or as a Photoshop filter. Will either or both of these be coming later?

They’re both already here:

You should have an icon for Photo AI standalone after installation.

3 Likes

I am also seeing almost minimal effect of Photo AI on denoising high ISO images. In automatic AI mode or by manually moving the denoise slider. Topaz Denoise AI works just fine with my images. I am using the Windows version and launching Photo AI with a TIFF copy from Lightroom (standard workflow for many folks). I tested on an ISO 28,800 photo. A friend of mine who uses a new MAC was also seeing something similar, so I don’t think it is OS specific. Perhaps there is an issue with the range of denoising that can be used in Photo AI that is different from DeNoise AI. I am hopeful that Topaz will get this working! I think the concept is great!

Thanks for the coupon plugsnpixels. I just bought the renewal @ $67.15!

As promised! :wink:

A reminder to others, this current offer enabling you to top off your Image Quality Bundle ownership at a double-discount (with access Photo AI) expires on 8/12.

2 Likes

My bad. I now know why they weren’t showing up but my pride refuses to let me reveal that to the rest of this community. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Regular Topaz Support has now told me you, as Developers, are my only hope.
I originally only subscribed to DeNoise AI but after seeing a YouTube video on Photo AI, I upgraded to the full suite today.
I downloaded Sharpen and Gigapixel and then Photo AI.
I opened Lightroom and then attempted to use Photo AI as a plugin. I got a login error message (see attached).
I checked the other newly added programs and could access them successfully.
I then deleted and reinstalled Photo AI and got the same error message.
I only upgraded to the full suite for Photo AI, so I hope it is just some dumb user error on my part, but I can’t figure out what it could be.
I hope we can resolve this, otherwise it’s a pretty expensive experiment for me.

Hi,

This is an issue we’re currently working to diagnose. We’re hopping to have some better handling for it in 0.6, but in the meantime could you please DM me your log files from your attempts where that happened?

Thanks!

Well, of course I have no idea how to find log files. When I click the login authentication link and get the error message it also freezes up Lightroom and generates a huge report to send to Apple. Is that what you want? If so, I can cut and paste it here but it is LONG. Can you tell me another way to access the log fies you want on an iMac?

I found the logs but can’t find a way to share the log file here because it is in an unaccepted format. I Can cut and paste if you’d like.

If you zip the log files, you should be able to attach it to a private message and send it that way!

If you change the extensions on the log files to “.txt” they should be more easily sendable too.

Yes, I hope that the standalone apps continue to be developed — I always use them this way versus via Photoshop. Interesting to hear that the results would be different.

a progress bar would be great

1 Like