Topaz Photo AI Seats

Hi,

I have just installedTopaz Photo AI v0.7 on my laptop, having already installed it on my main PC. I am now being told that I have to either reassign the software from my PC to the laptop or “buy more seats”. Yet, it is clear from the overall Topaz website that the software can be installed on as many computers as needed.
I have the full image bundle set up valid till August 2023.
Can someone please explain this situation to me? Is it possible to have Photo AI on two computers? I would not be using them both at the same time at all.
Thanks,
Brian

1 Like

I have similar problem.

My account shows that I have two seats, and I don’t have a clue as to what that means as I only have one computer. Did you get an answer to your question?

For some reason the prerelease beta version of Photo AI (which is what brianconnolly is asking about, given the date of his post) could only be installed on one device per qualified account. A qualified account was defined as a user with current licenses of all three apps: Sharpen AI, Denoise AI, and Gigapixel AI.

When Photo AI was officially released and installed, users who held current licenses to all three apps, or who bought a license to Photo AI outright without owning the other three apps “got two seats,” meaning they can install Photo AI on up to two different devices, on two Mac computers, or on two Windows computers, or one on a Mac and one on a Windows PC.

To clarify, when I raised this, the situation was that Photo AI could be installed on more than one device but could only be active on one at a time. I’d have to sign out of the software on my PC in order to use on my Laptop.

Hi all, after reading the above I’m still confused. I have Photo AI on 2 computers now. I’m going to retire one of them and replace it on a new computer. What do I have to do to assure that I won’t have to buy a 3rd seat?
Thanks very much.

I think You should log out from your any one seat (1 out of 2 computers).
For that you can go to topazlabs.com & go to your account.
After this you can install Topaz in your 3rd compute, which will be your 2nd seat.

I checked my account because I need to renew my license and it says I have two seats. The renew is for $74.00. Is that for two seats. If so, I only need one. How can I change that?

So did I . Then was forced to reactivate which destroyed my computer delete Toaz

Ok i’ve read all the replys and still don’t understand. How do I find where to claim back a seat. I have one computer only but I seem to have 2 seats claimed and don’t understand why or how. Not a major issue at the moment but I want to free up a seat soon for my wife to use on her laptop.

I installed Photo AI on a third computer. I understand there are only two seats, but from what the documentation says, you can only be logged into a Topaz app on no more than two computers at the same time. I only use it on one computer at a time so that would seem to be ok. But I am getting the message “Activation Limit Reached” and it wants me to claim a seat from another computer. As several have expressed above, I do not understand what’s going on. If I claim a seat from another computer and at some point I want to use Topaz Photo Ai on that other computer while no other computer is using it, do I have to reclaim it from the third computer and continue that process every time I switch computers?

JohnD