A small group at DPR is benchmarking the time to process a test image using primarily Topaz Sharpen AI.
The steps for testing are as follows:
- Go here to retrieve the test image
- Download the car console shot found under sample raw images, nikon_d850_24.nef
- Open the file directly in the Topaz software. Make sure Allowed Graphics Memory Consumption is set to High if your video card will support it. You may need to close and reopen the software after making this change, I don’t have documentation on this.
- Manually select the Stabilize Mode.
- Manually set your Sharpness slider to 22 and Noise Suppression to 24 (I’ve found some variability with Auto settings)
- Choose dng for output, source folder
- Start the timer when you hit Save and stop it when the Processing indicator disappears.
- Report the result along with system specs (CPU and GPU at a minimum).
Most of the results are for Sharpen AI although there has been at least one test using Denoise. The settings used for Denoise were as follows:
- Remove Noise 20
- Enhance Sharpness 20
- Recover Original Detail 10
- Color Noise Reduction 0.10
The page with the first tabulated results is here
Please contribute is you wish, the more results the better.