Topaz B&W as plug-in for Affinity Photo's

I use Topaz B&W, V2.1.1 as a plug-in in for Affinity Photo, version 1.7.3.481 on a windows computer. The issue is that if I select a style e.g. Stylized collection, Painterly color in Topaz B&W and click o.k. to go back to Affinity Photo, the result in Affinity looks different as in Topaz B&W. The Painterly style is less strong in Affinity as it looks in Topaz B&W. What is going wrong?

I tried it myself and you are correct that the effect is reduced when going back to Affinity Photo. I don’t know why though. If you go into Studio 2 > Looks > Artistic > Edward Hopper you can get a similar but better effect. It stays pretty close when you go back to Affinity.

I’m not sure but it may be to do with the ICC Profile & Format of the input image. It is a little different with a JPEG/sRGB. In your case make sure you compare at 100% in both applications. With B&W Effects you can still raise a support request at the main website.

I use Topaz B&W, V2.1.1 as a plug-in in for Affinity Photo, version 1.7.3.481. The issue is that if I select a style e.g. Stylized collection, Painterly color in Topaz B&W and click o.k. to go back to Affinity Photo, the result in Affinity looks different as in Topaz B&W. The Painterly style is less strong in Affinity as it looks in Topaz B&W. What do I wrong?

The answer from a Topaz moderator: " It could be the ICC Profile & Format of the input image. It is a little different with a JPEG/sRGB. In your case make sure you compare at 100% in both applications".

I still do not have a clear answer how to solve it.

I have tried different ICC settings and color profiles. So far, not succesfull.

1 Like

I suggested you raise a support request at the main website. Please don’t raise multiple threads on the same topic.