Topaz 3.01 - love it

I haven’t used Topaz in a while, photo opps have been dry for a while. The improvements are remarkable, I love the adjust lighting and adjust colors options - which save to tiff.

What I don’t like is the subject selection using the space bar - it is clunky. But overall, it is super!

Ted

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Ted :slight_smile:

John –

It does suck a lot of application memory from my M1 Pro Macbook……

Ted

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot this issue you are reporting. Are you using Topaz Photo AI as a standalone application or as a plugin?

Also, would you mind trying to replicate this behavior and then go to Help > Open Log Folder? You can send me all of the files within that folder and should be able to attach them directly as a response to this thread.

If you would prefer you can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Make sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something. :slight_smile:

Dropbox File Request

John, it had to be 4/28 as I worked on 9 photos from my Z9. I will send via your dropbox as I received an error.

Ted

I don’t have experiences with previous releases. I have been using the v3.0.0 and up during my extensive workflow of digitizing old color prints and old negatives…
I used a Canon 5D Mark III and the Canon 100mm macro lens to do the digitalization. Next step is of the initial work and color inversion is done with C1P…
Old photo pics don’t have that crisp texture and the Topaz Phot AI is doing a marvelous job bringing these old shots back to life.
I don’t use the edit with Topaz AI feature in C1P and do export to a folder from which I import into Topaz 15 pics at a time… This gives a very smooth flow.
Unfortunately with the sharpening and denoise features that Topaz is delivering, imperfection like white specks in the digitized shots from color prints are becoming quite outspoken… Hence with the absence of any “healing” feature in Topaz, I have to export one more time into Photomator to get the final results…
I know it’s quite a fancy workflow but I am very pleased with the results…
Topaz Photo AI is a must for those who are involved in digitizing analog stuff like pics and negatives…
(I have done about 500 conversions.)