Tips for output?

Just downloaded new TVAI today, just ran an older video and was quite impressed with the preview, exported it as a .MOV file, then couldn’t play it in Win10. Went back to preferences and ran again as .MP4, but this is much slower…is there anything I should do to speed this up?

More information would help. What codec was the output set to? What model are you running and from what resolution to what resolution? How big do you want the output to be? Are you comfortable using the command line?

The new Video AI is super slow compared to previous version. Running H264 / MP4 and is slower than molasses on a January morning. Not that the previous version was super fast; but picking enhancing and any other filters brings to process to a snails pace.

Topaz Labs needs to help with getting the info out to users on this massive change so that people don’t dump it.

1 Like

I think I have found out why it’s slow compared to the last version, but I need to know the details to see if I am right.

I’ve got the container on H264 High (NVIDIA) for mp4, bitrate and audio both on Auto, is there a tutorial for the new software? Looks great so far!

Yeah, the opening screen has a link, right below the browse button.
That answers 1 question. 3 to go and I can maybe help.

Not sure what you’re after.

Also noticed only one filter that supports H.264. That’s nuts. Most people don’t have the codecs for H.265 and for Topaz to literally drop H.264 does not bode well.

I did watch the one video on VEAI and it was completely useless. How do you drop a new program and not show people how to best set it up and not expect a rash of complaints / questions?

I think I know some tricks to speed it up, but they’re not for the faint of heart or they might not apply. Really it sounds like @aviceda just needs to download MPC-HC to be able to playback the mov file.

Huh? They have hardware encoded H.264. It probably looks about as good as the results of H.264 output in 2.6.4: Easy to notice compression artifacts. I’ve always had to use another program to get an H.264 file that’s worth keeping.

Again, try seeing what you find when you click that link below the browse button on the opening screen.

In the preferences enable two instances, then select the first half of the video to make a video file with the first half and at the same time run another instance with the second half of the video to another file and merge them together with a tool of your choice later!

Do running 2 instances slow down the frame render rate per second on both?

How many instances can you run at the same time?

Yes, but the processing time calculated by the application was around 13 hours with one instance, 8 hours with two instances and 7,5 hours with three instances in version 3.0.0.9.b with my RTX 2070 Super. The application supports up to three instances.