The Summit of Mount Evans from Mount Bierstadt

Last week my wife and I hiked our first 14er (14,000 foot peak) in Colorado. This is a photo I took from the summit of Mount Bierstadt looking at the summit of Mount Evans.

Treated with Impression 2

Original

7 Likes

well done on the hike … I am exhausted just thinking about it … spectacular scene

2 Likes

Spectacular and turned into a classic painting … must have been cold up there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats on making that hike! Impressive shot…the original and the processed!

1 Like

Very nice…love the sky.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @ShazzyCo, @AiDon, @tennie and @digital2006, I really appreciate them! Glad to see you all back!

It was not that cold up there, but it was a tiring hike :smile:

1 Like

Wow, that looks like it was quite a hike. Both the original and processed images are beautiful and the view is amazing. Did you use a vignette or Lens Efx on the processed version?

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @cre8art. You have a good eye, I used the vignette that was in Impression 2 :smile:

1 Like

I was wondering because of the darker edges. I usually try Lens Efx first using the Graduated Neutral Density filter preset because you have more control of the effect on the image. You can apply just how much you want & where with the presets on the bottom of the panel and position the effect where you want it. You also have more control with using the Brightness, amount, transition and angle. You may want to give it a try sometime?

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I really like trying different vignette methods because a lot of them have nice features that can make the image look better!

1 Like

I think you will like using it and you have the choice of where and how to enhance just the parts of an image you want.

1 Like