The Old PS CS6 install problem, again

Submitted a tech support ticket last weekend but never heard back. Posting here seems to wake folk up.

I’m migrating my graphics apps to a new Win10 system, mostly with fresh installs. I’m also still using CS6(64) and running into the old problem of Topaz Studion not wanting to get added to the Filters menu. All of my Stand alone Topaz Labs items installed just fine. No problem adding everything with Affinity Photo either.

I’m using the Topaz Studio Photoshop Utility 1.0.11.bat but appears it’s having some “issues”. It’s suppose to create a file with this line:

ECHO sLinkFile = “%psChosen%tltopazstudiops_x64.lnk” >> %SCRIPT%

But searching for that file, specifically for tltopazstudiops_x64.lnk, I’m not finding it, but using topazstudiops_x64.* instead shows this:

D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-instltopazstudiops_x64.lnk
D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Requiredtltopazstudiops_x64.lnk
D:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio\PS_Plugins_x64\tltopazstudiops_x64.8bf

The script is truncating the path & writing the wrongly named file. No wonder it isn’t working.

Might we get this corrected?

Edit the batch file and oo to line 226 of the batch file, edit and change this to your install directory:

SET psChosen=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 bit)\Plug-Ins\

Thanks Don. My batch file skills are way to crusted over, but pretty sure I can handle this.

1 Like

Well, progress but not quite. Got everything EXCEPT Studio itself,

Wow. I just fixed this w/o going thru the process of the batch file. Hyper easy.

In looking at the structure of what the batch file did with the stand alone apps, all I did was go to the D:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio folder, created a Shortcut to D:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio\PS_Plugins_x64, and simply moved that to D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins folder where all the other topaz shortcuts and renamed it to topazstudio_x64 to stick with the convention of the others.

Done.

1 Like