Testing a New Toy (and Adjustments)

I told @AiDon I had gotten a new toy to go hiking with - a Tamron 28-300 F3.5-6.3 for Canon full-frame cameras. It has been great so far, and I especially like the fact that it only weighs 540 gm - lighter than many of the more limited zoom lenses I own. I tested this on an extreme shot - 1/8000 sec, f 6.3, iso 12800 at 300 mm. (I forgot to get consent from the model again).

I used Topaz Studio - AI Clear, then Reduce Noise, (I liked that better than the reverse order) and finally Vignette.

Original

9 Likes

Nice …

I’ve had this lens for a while now, I use it on my D750. As a go-to lens it has proven to be versatile and consistent. I had acouple of other Tamron lenses that weren’t so good, overexposed everything above wide open, so they do vary a lot. The 28-300 is a keeper though.

looks promising as a combo for you - image quality at such a high ISO is excellent

I’m going to guess that this was AI Clear in PR 1.11.5
Am I correct?

Super work …glad you like your new toy

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @AiDon, @Mond, @el48tel, @RJRREID, and @BobKramer.

Mond - I am glad you have the same lens and like it, too.

Randy - I did use the latest version of AI Clear,

I should mention that Canon does make a 28-300, and I am sure the quality is wonderful. Sadly it costs 4 times as much as the Tamron lens, and extremely important to me, weighs three times as much

Congrats on your new toy, it’s a very nice capture and your PP workflow worked out well.

Enjoy your new toy…looks like your going to enjoy it.

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @cre8art and @digital2006!

1 Like