Sunflowers and Rain

It is hot in the Pacific Northwest. It has been 54 days since our last precipitation, and we have had far too many days above 90 degrees. To help cool off I decided to take a photo I took at the local farmers market and make it rain on a bunch of sunflowers. I first extracted the sunflowers using Remask. From there I used a background image I had composed about a week ago to give it some depth. After running Clarity I started adding textures, finishing off with a texture of heavy rain. I hope this helps keep you cool on a hot summer’s day.

5 Likes

Really like the rainy look on this …nice job.

1 Like

Very nice

1 Like

I really like both the photo and the texture.

Sorry about the weather - I think it is cooler and rainier this month here in Kansas :umbrella:

1 Like

Love the image and the effect - but it’s been precipitating for a few days here in Leeds - today was dry but my garden has taken a bashing from the rain - and temperatures reached the dizzy heights of about 65F today which is lot warmer than it’s been for several days

1 Like

Nicely done …

1 Like

Thanks @BobKramer, @ShazzyCo, @KenKv, @el48tel and @AiDon for you kind words. We finally had our first rain in 55+ days last night and the temperatures have broken. I’m going to claim credit with my rainflower image.

2 Likes

No indigenous tribal dances then??

2 Likes

I didn’t need this time. Last time I did one, we had the longest and wettest winter on record. Didn’t want to take any chances in August.

1 Like

multichuckle

1 Like