Studio 2 takes a lot of time to process adjustments

When moving the sliders of whichever adjustment in Topaz Studio 2, the reaction to this takes quite some time, it is not immediate, the changes applied are not shown in real time. Whatever you do, even a simple task, takes a lot of time to be processed.

I have also installed Classic Studio and it has a much faster response.
I also have PhotoFXlab and eight of the legacy plugins, and with those, the response is immediate.

My computer is an HP, Intel Core™ i5-5200U CPU, 2,20 GHz, 8Gb RAM with Windows 10 64 bits, so I think it can’t be blamed.

Is there anything that I could do to improve the performance of the program?

Is it something inherent to the program, or is it something that has to do with my installation?

You haven’t mentioned your graphics card which is quite important. Can you go to Help>Graphics Info and paste the results here please?

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Is this the data you asked for?

No, in Studio 2 go to Help>Graphics info and you’ll get a lot more data than that. The copy and paste that screen here. Like this:

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.3.1

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.38

CPU RAM: 32701 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB Total, 5381 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 7704 Pixels

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.3.1

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 10.18.15.4274

CPU RAM: 8107 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1200 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

By the way, I also have Mask AI and Adjust AI and they react in real time.
It is Studio 2 which is heavy and takes time to do everything.

OK - you have the minimum requirement for RAM (8GB) but you’re way below the minimum requirement for VRAM - minimum is 2GB of dedicated but you only have 1.5GB of shared. You’re not going to have a good experience with Studio 2 unless you have access to or can add a decent graphics card. The requirements for Studio 1 are less - though you’re still below the minimum 1GB for graphics.

The minimum for the two AI products is the same as for Studio 2, but they can make use of the CPU in a way that Studio 2 can’t, by using the OpenVino option.

The bottom line is that one way or another you need better graphics I’m afraid.

Thank you for your answer.

I will try Studio 2 in another computer that I have which has a NVIDIA graphic card. Though I don’t know it is any better than the one from the computer I am usually using (it is also an i5, but has some years already).

And yes, you are right, it is not a good experience having to wait to see what happens when moving a slider to have to go back again to move it back and forward until getting it right.

Luckily, my legacy plugins still work and the new AI ones I have do as well (for whichever reason, but they work).

1 Like