Since i cannot open new threads in Video Enhance AI category i am doing it here

To my question, why is Video Enhance AI 1.7.1 “with enhanced encoding speed” actually just not compressing the video as much as before?

It seems that you have changed the algoritm to instead of compressing the video making the files smaller you made it compress less making it render faster but resulting in massive files.

Example would be, old version of AI enhance a file that would output as 3gb is now output as nearly 7gb. The quality is exactly the same. Who wants this? No body. Can you please fix so we can specify the compression level in the gui, i prefer waiting longer for more compressed video so it looks the same but smaller file size.

First, you are in the VEAI category. I’m guessing you tried to do it in the model release category, where only Topaz people can start a thread.

Old versions of VEAI used h.263 video output, which just about everybody hated. When they went to h.264 they chose to use CRF 17 which is very light compression. I’m not sure why you don’t change the CRF if you have a storage issue, but that’s the logical answer. CRF 23 is the h.264 default and gives very acceptable results for many people, with smaller files. Some people go the other way, to CRF 0 which is no compression at all - talk about large file size!

First, you are in the VEAI category. I’m guessing you tried to do it in the model release category, where only Topaz people can start a thread.

No, I’m a new user and I can’t make a new thread here, either. Edit: It looks like the moderator moves threads from general to here.