Shut down after encoding completes

Hey there, this is a highly requested feature- I merged your thread with the other votes to keep the count accurate.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, but thatā€™s crazy that this has been a requested feature for over a year. I canā€™t imagine itā€™s particularly hard considering every other one of my media management programs has it.

(which is of course unfortunate considering Topaz typically takes the longest and I use it overnight)

Hi Ida - I moved these again, to the ā€˜mainā€™ ideas post that has 37 votes for auto shutdown, the one it was on only had 3 votes.

1 Like

We have a roadmap for features that we are working on implementing and we do our best to stick with it. Now that many of the most requested and long-awaited features have been added, we have the space to consider projects like this.

Auto shut down after completing the task. Can we have this feature in a update?

:rofl: :joy: :wink:

Iā€™m processing video overnight and would like to see a PC shut down after the processing has ended.

I am enhancing very long videos. Often it is an overnight job. It would be great if Video AI had a feature to do nothing, or automatically sleep, hibernate or shut down when finished.

Two further thoughts.

1. It should do this after displaying a warning message.

2. If no response it should wait for at least 2-5 minutes. This is because the CPU/GPU is probably plenty hot and it would be smart to let the fans dissipate the heat before they shut off.

You can use my custom tool.

It monitors ffmpeg processes.
Start processing. Then start monitoring.
When ffmpeg process disappear it will shutdown.

As for feature - itā€™s long asked but still not added. So probably we will not see it.

If you want the feature, you can ā€˜Voteā€™ on that topic. If everyone starts a new topic repeatedly about the same feature request, it will only spread the vote count. A low vote count means it will be less likely to be considered by the developer.

Doesnā€™t the system go into sleep automatically after some time of inactivity?

On the Mac it doesā€¦

Not Windoze

Well, if Topaz has 5 suggestions all on the same topic, why doesnā€™t that count as much as 5 votes, or even more?

Thanks. I tried it but when Topaz Video AI is running the Calculate button did nothing. Also, If I clicked ā€œStart shutown completeā€ it brought focus to the Stop button, but did not react to the encode completing

Calculate part is for calculating where to resume images generation when you process output to image sequence.
Seconds part (5 by default) means it will check for ffmpeg process each 5 seconds. Once it will not find it - it will issue system force shutdown (all programs will be forced to close before shutdown).

p.s. try to run program with admin rights. Maybe without them shutdown is not issued correctly.

Check this out

2 Likes

Option to automatically shutdown the system after the task is completed.

Would like shutdown option upon task completion.

When I use the Topaz Video AI program, it takes quite a long time to work, so I often sleep with it on, but it would be nice to have a function that automatically shuts down the computer when the work is completed :slight_smile:

I agree all in to have that for video AI. In fact Iā€™m just wondering why it doesnt. With massive power draws using high end cards of 300watts continuous, there should be that option.

1 Like