SharpenAi problem with artifacts

I draw your attention to such unpleasant effects in the operation of the SharpenAi system. The best quality results of fixing focus and blur defects in this program are obtained in Stabilize mode. But in this mode it is very clearly visible that the image is unsuitable for commercial use. Vertical stripes appear throughout the image and colored borders around contrasting parts (outside the object on a white background, indicated by an arrow).

I also want to draw your attention to the color noise arising in the image. I perfectly understand the logic of sales management, where the normal ability to remove any noise from SharpenAi, which worked great when I bought this program and served as a double incentive to buy (I often need a good noise reduction), suddenly disappeared with the advent of the DeNoiseAi program, because they thought that they will interfere with the sales of the new program. However, since I myself am gradually getting into the understanding of AI development, I already understand that the decision to cut the skill of good noise reduction in a sharpening algorythm is a crime in relation to getting a good result, because it is impossible to become a world champion when run along the track on one leg.
original
in Sharpen Ai

1 Like

Please raise a support request at the main Topaz Labs website.

Ok. Request #199661

1 Like

Good thanks, although Stabilize is probably not the right mode I don’t seem to get the issues you see in that image (this is at 200%):

Could you go to Help-> Graphics info., press the copy button and past the results here. Even though I have a GPU, GTX1050 with 4GB, I use CPU/OpenVino mode.

The other thing is I checked all 3 modes and found that Sharpen was the best, Stabilize was OK and Focus not so as the image is not out of focus.

Also, the thing to understand is that the Auto settings are a starting point that you may need to adjust.

I used the original tif file and Stabilize creates vertical stripes in high contrast areas as profiwork showed. I have attached the 100% crop with arrows to show the results. I’m on a Windows 10 PC with a Radeon RX580 GPU.

1 Like

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 1.4.4

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 418.96

CPU RAM: 32688 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB Total, 5114 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 7494 Pixels

and similar color noise bug in focus mode
color noise bug

In cpu mode works better. Problem in GPU mode more hardly.
can’t add image, use this link
If you ask what kind of strange method this is for detecting image defects, then I note that this is something like a standard for checking image quality for commercial work.