Sharpen AI v4.0

On M1 Mac runs well.

I’m having the same problem. And my Mac is NOT an M1. Does anyone know of a solution? I’d deleted the earlier version when asked to do so by the 4.0 setup, so I can’t go back and I’ve got some images I need to process asap.

Why not download an older version from the relevant page?

I downloaded the additional models and added them to the program and it’s working fine now.

Sharpen AI was working fine on my brand new Imac 24. Having no problem with Denoise but all of a sudden I am getting a processing error with Sharpen and it locks up and won’t load an image. I get the error saying if problem persists, switch to a different AI processor. I’m using an Apple M1. There is no other processor. I’ve tried uninstalling and updating the latest version but nada. Machine is running M1 and has the latest graphics processor from Apple.
Thoughts??? BTW, contact screen on Topaz website doesn’t work. FRUSTRATING!

The support page does work, including “contact us” link which brings a pop-up dialogue window.

Perhaps you have some pop-up blocker?

Ok, I haven’t upgraded for months, since last time I had very bad experience with new program of Topaz.
It was FULL OF bugs, like nobody tested it. This time, months later, I give it another try.

I check my system, 8,5GB free space.
I decide to install the new one.
After install I see I have just 2,5GB free space on system.

Install is complete and there is window ‘Start Topaz Sharpen AI now?’
I press, OK/YES and get an error!! SIGH!!
I decide to do it in Photoshop. Still, nothing. Does not work!

I restart computer and try again. No, NOTHING!

Ok, I do uninstall and clean install. 30 minutes later, it is done.
Finally, install is complete and I press start - boom! ERROR!

Cmon!!! SIGH!!!

“The application was unable to starty correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.”

I have no words!!! #"!)HDWQ!!!

VERY DISSAPOINTED!

Firstly, please refrain from using profanities.

Secondly, can you please post details of your setup i.e. OS and system specs.

1 Like

I addition to what Paul said, I’m curious about your “8,5GB free space”. Is this the only storage space availably in your system? If so, I wonder how any programs run…

Hey all, not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it would be really cool if Sharpen AI allows us to change the focus point after a photo is taken, i.e. to pull or push the focus to a different part in the photo (maintaining depth of field, i.e. make selected part sharper, and where the focus was originally - less sharp, just as it would be in real life).

Before you say ‘how dare you ask such a thing, don’t you know how depth of field works…’ :slight_smile: I’ll say that I do very well know all that, and also know that an AI model can be trained to solve these problems too. Just take a series of photos on the same scene/subject, just shifting the focus point (as in focus stacking series), give an input, and then train it to output any of the other focused areas. Once trained, it would be able to reverse do that action on any photo.

If that’s already been planned or done, I don’t see it in the UI for Sharpen AI :slight_smile: If it’s not, I hope you like the idea and you’d consider it.

1 Like

I do not think that this problem can be solved mathematically in any way without a light field camera.
Not even through A.I.
If there were only one lens sensor combination in the world, it might possibly be a few centimeters.

You’re probably right, but yet that’s what people thought about unblurring photos from motion blur, yet Sharpen AI does a pretty good job :slight_smile:

and an AI model would never get bored at being trained more and more combinations, and be able to render one subject in focus and another not in focus.

Light field camera does record in advance the information for different focusing points, but that’s optically, we’re talking about AI possibilities just on the bases of trained inputs and expected outputs. I don’t think that’s impossible. Much like motion blur correction, it would be able to deal with certain scenes better than others, and most likely at the beginning it would shift focus just by few centimetres as you said, but over time with mistakes and correction such a model can evolve (v2, v3 etc).

Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities. ( Robert H. Schuller )

In the 1980s I had this in my office:

“Man who says it can’t be done should not interrupt man who is doing it.” – Old Chinese proverb

2 Likes

How about “Eureka shouted the person who just invented something until they find out it’s already patented”

Hi
I have the same problem !

When I work a picture in Topaz sharpen AI , last version , I have a picture in jpg of about 5mo. But after Topaz , my picture has only 1,7Mo. With the version before , I hadn’t this problem .
I search in “preference” but didn’t find how to change that.
Thanks for your help.
Pascale

Shouldn’t this be posted in the v4.1 thread? This is the 4.0 thread.

1 Like

yes, i did move it, thanks.

I reckon there are times where unhelpful humour should be carefully weighed up before posting. Your reply is dealing with somebody who is obviously frustrated by their situation.

1 Like

I was replying to Henry Richardson who said: “Man who says it can’t be done should not interrupt man who is doing it.” – Old Chinese proverb Located right above my reply.
It was appropiate and I don’t know what you are talking about.

2 Likes