Sharpen AI v3.1

Yep! Congrats!!! Owls are often hard to spot & a bit shy. So it’s cool to see a nice image of one.

Hahaha i am speechless … Have been reported this win 7 problem so many times but the developers really dont care about Win7 users but they still advertise and sell their product as Win 7 compatible even it is not compatible at ALL ! Pathetic …

Easy and not wrong:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update-insiderplat_pc/20h2-will-be-windows-10-version-2009-a-minor/baf67966-6bed-49b1-ad9a-6663c95a6ef7

Did you download the legacy version, full installer, from the first post in this thread? The online updater will update the Win 10 version.

I just assumed that SHARPEN 3.1 is just in a never ending loop when I come to the end of my process and try to save. The thing just keeps going and going and going, my machine is 32GB RAM with SSD and onedrive, what am I doing wrong? This is frustrating the crap out of me. Thanks.

I’m in the process of digitizing my slide collection. I’m using a Kodak slide scanner and Photoshop Elements 15 for editing. I have been using Sharpen AI to clean up and sharpen the scanned images. Since I’ve upgraded to v3.1 it takes forever to process an image, particularly when I utilize the Out of Focus button. I just processed a typical image and it took 10 minutes and 45 seconds for Sharpen AI to clean up the image, when the previous version would take a couple of minutes. I’m running it on a late 2013 Mac using Mojave. Is it possible to go back to the previous version? With hundreds of slides to process, this will take forever.

You can find multiple releases for all the products here:

If going backwards (vs. to a newer release) you may want to uninstall your current release before installing an older release.

Be sure any of the host programs (like Elements, etc.) you use are closed when you do the uninstall & installs.

Good luck. I like sentimentalists!

1 Like

You will need to provide for information than that. Like where are you saving it to, what type of image file, etc. If you are saving to OneDrive … save elsewhere and move it.

And your technical environment. Go to Help, Graphics info, press Copy and paste the info here.

Just updated the Mac version of AI Sharpen and I have to allow ‘osascript’ to complete. Why, and is this safe?

Another bug I guess:
Send TIF copy from On1 to Denoise, then the original denoised version to Sharpen. All preview screens are black. No issue when copying again.

I had the same issue with the latest release of DeNoise and some others too.

Had a chance to try out version 3V1 and compare it to 2V2. In my case, I’m not trying to fix images, but to enhance the highest level of detail in stitched landscape panoramas. Even so they are taken from a very steady tripod, stabilise is the setting I most often chose. In my opinion the auto settings on 3V1 in case of stabilise are just a bit less intense than those chosen by auto in V2.2. I think the result is fairly similar, but I’m not dealing with blurred detail where shapes could be mis-interpreted. I don’t see any difference in halos, but if a preceding workflow creates “invisible ones”, then AIS will sure make them visible on higher settings.

On my system 3V1 utilises both GPUs, a Quadro M4000 between 10 to 20% and running a faster RTX4000 at 100% almost continuously. Version 2V2 runs on one GPU only.

Unfortunately so, what worked for me with 2V2 no longer works with 3V1. Had worked out that 2V2 could process rather large images in plugin mode, as long as AIS was called from a single background layer from PS CS6. 2V2 crunches in 35mins through a 5.7Gpixel image after successful GPU calibration with a smaller image. 3V1 struggles with a 5.5Gpixel image, and crashes consistently attempting the 5.7Gpixel image 2V2 does process without an issue. There is no longer a GPU calibration in V3.1 I can prompt. GPU memory usage peaks at 28% on the 5.5Gpixel image in both versions and at 32% for the 5.7Gpixel image in 2V2. Not sure why optimal GPU specifications call for 8Gb when in practice GPU memory seems largely underutilised in my case.

For 3V1 to be compatible again with PS actions (silent mode) is very welcome, after working in V1 and dropped in V2.

I really like what AIS does in general add to my processing work flow, but the pixel dimension limitation of 3V1 forces me to stay with 2V2.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with masking on a PC.
I have uninstalled this version and went back to 3.0.2

1 Like

It’s strange, I posted earlier that I was having no problems with the masking tool; but more recently I found it was not working. I have no idea why I was able get it to work on the file I posted near the top of this thread.
I hope the devs have read these posts and will come up with a solution in the next iteration.

1 Like

I don’t know if I am allowed to reveal this, but this issue was raised during beta testing, but the production version was apparently rolled out without it being resolved.

On my system, masking works OK at 100% zoom, but fails at any other zoom level. If I zoom to fit, this is what happens:
Capture%20v310_masking

There’s definitely is a need to fix masking and while they’re at it, I’d love to see a change in the negative masking mode. Instead of un-masking with RED on top of a RED mask, it would be much more logical to simply remove the RED that is already there in the masked areas, just a thought.

It would be nice if it just worked for me…
“The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142)”
I have installed it, cleaned the registry, cleared the userdata/appdata… Nada!

Please open a support ticket for this. I had the same issue with DeNoise AI 3.1.1. Some others as well. The more tickets, the higher the attention and with more infos around the systems, which are affected, the higher the chance of getting this fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you :+1:

Just updated and Mask working much better for me now. The Auto detect objects feature has now disappeared though. Is that a glitch?