Sharpen AI v2.2.4

There’s no reason why I should be in the know - I’m just a user like yourself. v2.2.4 was released on here about an hour ago.

v2.2.4 still not showing the previews for me on Windows 10.

Previews are now showing correctly on Mac OS Big Sur as well:

Previews are now showing correctly on Windows 10.

Sharpen AI v2.2.4

Definitely works on my computer. Now if we could get the negative mask not be the same color as the mask that is already applied that would be a nice touch!

Hi,

I’m just wondering… is it only me or the processing getting heavier these days? :sweat_smile:

I think the v2.2.4 is heavier than the previous ones.

My, CPU and GPU: Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Ti.

Thanks!

It “works” on my computer - but the previews in Comparison mode are nothing like those in Single/Split/Side by Side view:

2 Likes

All I can say is that it is a massive update by way of the Online/Inline installer having to download 3.0GB. Is there are reason why using the online installer and the full download are the same size?

Hi @adam.mains, Adam using Sharpen AI as an external editor from Capture One … C1 creates a TIF and passes it over (Plugin Mode) … now Sharpen AI leaves the -TEMP file in the same directory. Can we have this deleted rather than left on the disk.

That’s a known issue when generating the preview at small levels of zoom - if you zoom out slightly in comparison view you’ll get the same results you’re seeing in all the other view modes.

1 Like

What I see on both his screenshots is zoom 100%. I do not consider this as a “small level” that needs to be “zoomed out slightly” to see the difference.

Just updated to Sharper 2.2.4, and it seems to be badly broken for my Window 10 64bit Pro installation: there is no different on images. Only de-noising option seems to work to some extent.

In comparison view, after clicking “Update”, it randomly may or may not update previews. In the attached sample it claims to have updated Sharpen, but not two others. In some cases it updates Stabilize and Focus, but not Sharpen.

Another problem is that preview image is not working properly: it’s only partially updated on the right side of the preview slider.

I tried to upload samples of the problems, but it seems I am not allowed to post images.

Unfortunately it seems that Topaz software is buggy more often than not. Very disappointing.

Go to Help-> Graphics info and press Copy then paste the information here.

I assume you have also opened Preferences and clicked on Calibrate after you updated.

To be more precise, the preview is generated based on the part of the image currently visible in the preview panel. In comparison view that is a smaller part of the image than in other view modes. In this case it didn’t see enough of the feathers surrounding the eye to realize they were feathers. Zooming out will allow it to see more of the image, and the preview will gain accuracy.

That’s not exactly what I see on the posted printscreens!

Remember to Update the preview when you zoom in if Auto update is set to off.

Thanks. Very relevant.

Hi AiDon,

Thank you for your response.

Calibration did not have any effect, it does not fix behavior. Here are the Graphics info:

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.2.4

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.71
CPU RAM: 16379 MB
Video RAM: 2048 MB
Preview Limit: 4119 Pixels

Also, the whole Sharpen AI software is jerky and slow. Even menus open slowly. Disabling discrete GPU (that is a bit old, I admit) does not fix anything, but adds significantly the processing time as expected). I have also tried to adjust amount of the graphics memory usage, with no impact.

For comparison, Denoise AI 2.4.2 has also slowed a bit after it’s latest update, but seems to behave otherwise ok. Further, only Topaz Software is problematic on the computer, everything else works ok (e.g. Lightroom, DxO, Photoshop, general Office software).

The issue with 4x preview seems to have bee user error: one need to select explicitly which of the previews is to be updated. But other issues persist (single image update with slider not updating, slider movements do not reflect updated view when something has happened, general slowness of the software)

First thing I would do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website, current is v461.40, and see if that makes a difference. It is on the vRAM limit but it should be OK.

Did the calibration select GPU or CPU/OpenVINO?