Sharpen AI - Optimize Performance

Sharpen AI takes over 1 hour to save picture. I am using the trial for 30 days and this is not going well. Is there a way to end the trial before it is finished?

Please go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here please.

Trial will end 30 days after it is started.

It won’t let me, maybe because it is still saving the picture.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 1.4.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 23.20.16.4973

CPU RAM: 12185 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1200 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

First question: Do you have more than one GPU available on your PC? And, if you do, what is the make, model and dedicated vRAM?

If you do have another GPU, or just to increase the speed of the HD630, you can go to Settings, type Graphics settings in the search box, and then select Graphics Settings and then search for the Sharpen exe as a Universal App and then choose High Performance for the Graphics specifications and press Save.

Now if you only have the HD630, try this to see if it makes a difference as your PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements but, depending on your CPU, you may be able to speed up the process in Sharpen AI by using OpenVINO:

• Firstly make sure that your installed version is v1.4.1, if not download the installer from the main web site and reinstall.
  • Then Open File->Preferences… and select NO for Enable discrete GPU and Yes for Enable Intel OpenVINO.

If you have a 6th generation or later CPU that will make a big difference in the processing.

Agree, GPU is much more important in those operations than CPU chipset itself.

Same problem - processing now going over 1 hour.
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 4.1.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 472.47
CPU RAM: 16269 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 6541 Pixels
Please help!

Your NVIDIA driver is well out of date - the latest is 512.15 - so updating it might help.

Thanks! I’ll try that. When I changed the AI Processor to “Auto,” processing worked, but I was not impressed as the results changed the shades of original photos and I did not perceive any improvements.

NVIDIA claims my driver is up to date :frowning:
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 4.1.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 472.47
CPU RAM: 16269 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 6541 Pixels

NVIDIA tells me the most recent is 512.15 - I checked before my earlier post:

My PC is relatively old. NVIDIA tells me I’m up to date:

You must update from the NVIDIA web site, not through Driver updates on the PC as they are way out of date. Paul is right that the latest version is 512.15 … For 472.47 the Release Date was 2021 September 20.

2 Likes

Your screenshot shows that 472.47 is the version you have - it doesn’t say anything about it being the most recent. My screenshot, from the NVIDIA website, clearly shows that your MX150 is a supported product for 512.15.

2 Likes

Trying that now. TNX!

That fixed it! Thanks AiDon and PaulM!