Sharpen AI crashes

update, I have found the same problem coming back with the answer pointing at the version.dll file being deleted by virus scan. I have noticed a work around with installing the full version and the auto install of the 2015-2019 version of c++. the answer was to run a repair and bingo the crashing stopped . now im waiting for a change before i reboot. good luck

incontinuim
gave up on the previous versions and headed straight for the topaz sharpen ai version 4.02, installs with vc 2019 c++ runtime, seems to work with Photoshop 23.2.2
looks like the compiler or just rights maybe but all good now. ill leave the rest to coders and people with more time than me. :slight_smile: I gave up trying the vc packages.
ill post again if things corrupt.

worked for awhile but now crashes photoshop, installed microsoft visual c++ 2015-2022 redistributable (x64) - 14.31.31103, this was the lastest as of 2022-04-23
it now opens as a stand alone. ill look at the virus checker to see if something is blocking execution? ill try setting up a firewall to stop updates.

Download and Reinstall as the executables come with the installation package and may not be the one used.

Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date from the manufacturers website and not the Microsoft update.

If all else fails post your system details here including RAM, processor, OS version, GPU and dedicated vRAM along with the driver version.

Sharpen AI. You want $ 79 for a 4GB program, one photo takes tens of minutes and suddenly it closes. You still have to work a lot.

Open Sharpen AI, go to Help= Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here.

finally working again, removed all the program with revo, found another problem as the Geforce experience is still showing topaz sharperner , upgraded version drivers and rescanned after install, showing no topaz labs sharpener AI. installed topaz again and so far so good and the geforce sees the sharpener ai, now uploading modules. so far so good. ill update later, just giving the replies just makes the agony worse.