Sharpen A.I. suggestions

I didn’t see a way to directly submit suggestions, so…

1. I liked the old interface (pre v1.2.0?) where there were 3 separate buttons to choose sharpen, stabilize, or focus, which was especially useful in comparing each method after all the processing is finished…it would take ONE click to compare…now it takes TWO clicks each…one to select the drop-down box, and another to click on the option.

2. Is there an easier way to make a round-trip to Lightroom as opposed to:

a) using EDIT IN - SHARPEN AI, and then
b) having to SAVE AS the file (my “SAVE” option is always greyed out), and then
c) go find the file and manually import it?

Is it better to use Studio as the EDIT IN option and then choose Sharpen AI from within Studio?

1. I’d suggest having the OPTION to start “processing” immediately at Sharpen AI startup (I assume that’s SHARPEN processing?)…most of the time I choose stabilize or focus, but yet have to wait while Sharpen AI processes “sharpen” first.

2. Finally, no matter what processing I choose (below I chose focus), my file has the word SHARPEN inserted:

DSCxxxx-edit-sharpen-focus.xxx

Thanks…

3 Likes

I agree with point 1 - return the three buttons for each type of sharpening. Much quicker and easier!

3 Likes

I’ll add my agreement on the three button instead of a drop down box.

#2 Use Affinity Photo instead of Lightroom.

#3 Set Automatically update preview to No.

1 Like

On the menu bar, click on File, Preferences where you can change the Default Save-As suffix of Sharpen as well as choose to not apply the selected processing mode to the suffix; i.e. focus, stabilize, sharpen.

1 Like

I completely agree with point 1.

“Preview to no”.

Thanks Artisan.

Before I try to download this latest version of Sharpen AI can anyone tell me if it is still stripping the exif metadata off the photos?

@karlkrueger I used SAI yesterday and my photo still has the exif data.

Blockquote
On the menu bar, click on File, Preferences where you can change the Default Save-As suffix of Sharpen as well as choose to not apply the selected processing mode to the suffix; i.e. focus, stabilize, sharpen.
Blockquote

Linda…thanks…tried it…that box for me is now blank…but the program is STILL adding “sharpen” to the file name, just like before.

I just tried placing a - in the suffix setting and it used that instead of “sharpen”. I’ve also used SAI.

Did you change this to “No?”

Linda, no, I did not change that to “no” as I still want the file name appended with the processing method, but of course I’d like it appended accurately.

The way it is now, I get:

DSCxxxx-edit-sharpen-sharpen.tif
DSCxxxx-edit-sharpen-stabilize.tif
DSCxxxx-edit-sharpen-focus.tif

That first “sharpen” needs to be eliminated.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can change that in the File>Preferences setting called “Default save-As suffix”.

Cheers,
Bart

The first sharpen is the name of the application. Other Topaz applications do this as well.

1 Like

Does sharpened ai have an option to focus the foreground?