Selling Art for Fundraising ... Yes or No?

Good Day All!

I wonder if anyone would sell their art for fundraising. I have been pondering this idea for some time now and looking for some feed back as I really don’t know where to start.

I don’t know about selling for fundraising, but I have donated art to organizations that were doing fundraising auctions. I have also donated art to the local community college to be given away at staff retreats. Contact any local non-profit organizations and tell them you would like to donate something for their next fund raising event.

1 Like

Thank you for your input, I will try that!

I have given away a few photographs over the years to help charitable organisations. But ask and pro photographer and I think you will find most of them would be against doing that. I read an article where a pro was bemoaning the fact that people were giving away photographs. His reason - it took business away from the pro’s who sold their work. But as he also explained, a lot of these charitable organisations pay salaries to their managers, team workers etc so why shouldn’t they pay if they want to use artwork or photographs

Ever since I started printing at home and making my own frames, I’ve donated to charities, mostly in the form of silent auctions. I actually had a bidding war started on one of my prints. :slight_smile:

David

1 Like

Over the years have donated pieces for charity raffles. I think it is a good way to get your art to the public eye. Always figured it had a better chance anywhere else than sitting in my catch-all room.

1 Like