Saving photo from Sharpen or Denoise AI

When I save from either Sharpen or Denoise AI the file name always has the suffix Sharpen or Denoise by default. If I change this file name to something else excluding this suffix the photo does not appear in the defined location (usually the source folder) however if I leave the file name as defined by default it does appear in the location I have selected.
I am obvious;ly missing something and sorry to be so dim but can anyone tell me:
a) is it possible to change the file name of a photo so it can be saved and
b) If so how?

It displays the original file name as part of the save process because it is easy to identify and you can provide a suffix. Note that you can change the actual name.

Result:

I have responded by email but what I was trying to do was save as ‘xxxxx.jpg’ without the denoise or sharpen suffix. If these suffixes are not included it doesn’t save as expected.

I have the 2.0.5 version of Topaz Sharpener AI. I have been opening my photos from Lightroom and have been able to make the desired corrections, but when I go to save the photo it doesn’t work (won’t save it). I have tried multiple file types and it won’t let me select “save as” from the file menu. How do I fix this? It’s ridiculous, I just bought this program like 2 weeks ago and I’m already having issues with it. I have only used 2 or 3 times so far.

Hi, when using as a plugin “Save as” is not available. The workflow supported by Lightroom is that the image passed to an external editor is updated on return. The Apply option will update the image and it will be reimported into Lightroom.

I know this is an old post , but come on , why can we not save to a new folder ?.. with light-room and photoshop this adding saves to original folder is a big time waster, and a mess .
If i knew this before i paid for the software i would never have bought it

We need to be able to save the files to where we need them . any fix around this ? 

1 Like

No, there is no fix as the application opens in plugin mode. Your best bet is to raise a support request at the main website and ask for a product enhancement request.

Hi Thanks for the reply, This is the biggest problem with topaz , even when i say close without saving it saves a file , and some photos i have played around with and done a few edits, adds more to my directory , it really is a mess.
I really need to find out how to use this forum , it is not easy to navigate around and find what you need without posting.
Thanks will raise a support ticket and see what happens , would make the program usable for me

That is the image file created by Lightroom and passed to Topaz plugins. It does NOT create a file when you exit without saving, when you save and exit it updates the image passed.

I am finding the same problem: using Sharpen AI as a LR plug-in, if I decide not to proceed with sharpening, the program still leaves a 500MB tiff in the same folder as my original RAW file. I then have to navigate to that folder and remove the unnecessary tiff. This happens when I cancel without applying Sharpen AI. Does anyone know of a way of preventing that from happening?

There is no way Sharpen will delete an original file passed to it as it didn’t create that file. You can either Save or Save as but not delete.

The same happens as a PS filter, it will not delete the image sent to it if you cancel.