Reset Studio back to initial state

I downloaded the Studio software to test it and find that I like it quite a bit. However the full set of “Pro” adjustments are probably more than I need so I would like to reset the Studio back to its original settings and see what “Pro” additions I need. Since I have added the “Try Pro” for most everything I have lost track of what was included in the basic set. Resetting would solve this problem for me.

How can I reset the Studio back to its original state?

You can’t reset it but this should help you.

http://web.topazlabs.com/pro-features/

If it can not be reset, will uninstalling and reinstalling it return it to its original state?

You can’t reset it but this should help you

This helps me see what the additions are, and what they cost. My problem is that because I tried all of the Pro features I no longer remember what was contained in the original feature set. The cost of the entire adjustment set is a bit high for my budget, even at 1/2 off, so I wanted to see what adjustment additions I actually would use. Some of those I know - noise removal, sharpening and perhaps HSL, but I wanted to see what the included functionality in the original Studio gave me so I know what I need to add and what I can live with in the basic Studio.

That is how I used the original Topaz plugins. I only bought what I actually used.

When the 30 day trials expire will Studio not revert back to the basic functionality?

Yes. I assume so, but I wanted to be able to take care of this now. I suppose I will have to wait.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that does not address the issue, even when the internal support files (that I know of) are cleaned out before the reinstall. I guess the state of each adjustment package is stored online and accessed when the user signs in.

In looking over those adjustments which I have not upgraded to Pro I found that they have dropdown boxes with presets and no sliders. Perhaps all of the basic functionality is based on those presets.

Correct, the adjustments are tied to your Topaz Studio account.

Correct, the adjustments are tied to your Topaz Studio account.

Is there anything I can do in my account to reset the state of the adjustments?

I appreciate the information you sent to me earlier which, I think, shows all of the adjustments that are not included in the basic set (Abstraction, Color Theme, Facial Blur, …) but I thought some of the included adjustments also had Pro add-ons for more adjustment ability. Am I remembering incorrectly?

There is nothing you can do but maybe @JoeFedric-TL can do something on the back end.[quote=“MikeFromMesa, post:7, topic:1488”]
but I thought some of the included adjustments also had Pro add-ons for more adjustment ability. Am I remembering incorrectly?
[/quote]

I seem to remember that too but it’s been so long since I’ve seen a “bare bones” version of Studio that I’m not 100% sure. Joe can weigh in on that too.

If this is what you are wanting to know. The free adjustments are at the top, the adjustments you pay for control with are at the bottom

My understanding is that with the non-free adjustments work only with the default options that are available in the pull down menu for each adjustment and there is no access to slider control.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Here’s what we include for free:

http://web.topazlabs.com/free-features/

If you’re looking at the Pro Adjustments, and would like to see what you’d have access to after the trial ends, just use the Adjustment level presets. That’s the control we give you for free, in Pro Adjustments you don’t pay for. Purchase Pro to gain access to the sliders and advanced controls offered by that Adjustment. That preset list is the same whether you’re using the Adjustment for free, or you paid for Pro to be added to your account.

You cannot reset the trial, but I don’t have any trouble doing this for you. The only thing is - we haven’t established any guidelines for this. I’m hesitant to make any changes, because they must be done in the server backend.

You can always create a new account with a different email address, if you’d like to see what it’s like to own nothing in Studio.

You can always create a new account with a different email address, if you’d like to see what it’s like to own nothing in Studio.

I thought about that, but assumed that Topaz might not like people using more than one account. If they don’t care then that is the easier way to solve this problem.

ShazzyCoSharonBeta Tester1h1
If this is what you are wanting to know. The free adjustments are at the top, the adjustments you pay for control with are at the bottom

So if I understand your post correctly, the following are true:

1. All of the items from Basic Adjustment through Vignette, in their entirety, exist in the basic set,

2. All of the items from Abstraction through Texture also exist, but can only be accessed through the presets defined in the pulldowns.

Is that correct?

Exactly why I didn’t suggest it but since Joe is good with it there is no problem.

Thank you.

I do not wish to be any trouble but apparently I am causing work for someone.

1 Like

You’re not any trouble Mike. Topaz staff is small but they do a great job of serving their customers.

Pretty much, that’s how I understand it.

OK. I think I now understand what the original version contains so there is no reason to pursue setting my copy back to its original state. What I wanted to know was exactly what benefit I would get from adding optional functionality and now I know.

Thank you all for your help.

1 Like