Remember processing camera film?

Jogged my memory … sometimes I need it :slight_smile:

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/10/how-camera-film-gets-processed-in-a-lab/

3 Likes

Yes, that takes me back a few years, to when I was developing B&W 35 mm film, long before home computers. Maybe Topaz will come up with an easy fix for all the 60’s and 70’s photos that have lost the blue channel.

2 Likes

When I can find it.

But, ya, I use to make my living doing that sort of thing. Kept telling folks in the late 70’s & early 80’s that digital was a comin’. Got to see some of the R&D stuff that Kodak was playing with back then. WAY too expensive but showed what was just around the corner certainly.

3 Likes

Back in the late 60’s I was a kid in high school and I developed 35mm B&W film in a closet in our attic. I could not afford an enlarger so I just made contact prints.
Another memory of that time was recording tunes off the radio onto a cheap mono cassette recorder. It didn’t matter that the DJ was talking over the beginning or end of the tune as long as I could get my favorite tunes.

3 Likes

If only I had the Shazam app back then - a lot of the time I had no idea what the songs were because the DJs I listened to were too cool to tell us…

1 Like

Learned how to develop B&W, enlarge prints and tricks like vignette, dodge and burn, etc in college (late 60’s). I blacked out my bedroom windows at my parents house and had an enlarger at home for the summers. The problem was I would sleep late because the room was dark. Digital is so much better and color is easy.

1 Like