RAW Workflow incorporating Topaz DeNoise & Sharpen w/ Lr/ACR/Ps

I’ve glanced at some of the threads dealing with incorporating Topaz products into a workflow and still have some questions.

Based on my initial experience, it seems as though it’s not possible to process a RAW file twice using two TL products. Is this correct? For example, if I apply DeNoise to a RAW file and save it as a DNG, then open that DNG in Sharpen a pink overlay is applied to the image and that gets saved with the resulting DNG, or TIFF.

It would appear, then, that the default workflow may be to open RAW files in DeNoise, save those as DNG, do whatever other editing is necessary the, if desired, send a processed file from Lr to Sharpen (I’m only concerned with DeNoise & Sharpen), or use Sharpen in Ps. Does that make sense?

How does the idea of 3-step sharpening; capture, creative & output, work with DeNoise & Sharpen? Do the sharpen and/or recover original details sliders in DeNoise work as a substitute for the capture sharpening tools (Detail panel) in Lr/ACR? Does using Sharpen Ai work as a substitute for the creative sharpening step and effectively negate the need for USM, Smart Sharpen, or other sharpening tools in Ps?

Thanks.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Workflow?