RAW Photos from Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra are dark when imported

I’m a new user and use Topaz to improve DNG RAW images prior to making adjustments in Lightroom. For some reason, the RAW images are at least 2 stops darker than the original image. Am I missing something?

Regards,
Doug

@douglas.robinson-585 I would like to try to reproduce the problem on my end to see what’s going on. Please upload the original image here and I’ll be happy to help troubleshoot.

I’d like to share the DNG file. It’s 77 MB and my Dropbox like wont work here…

Doug

Thanks for uploading that.

I was able to test it and reproduce the bug on my end. This looks like a known issue with Samsung DNG files on import. I don’t have an immediate workaround within Photo AI but you can convert to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter:

Hopefully processing a different file format doesn’t cause the exposure shift.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we get this fixed for you!

Thank you Tim! Just one more step in my workflow, but it works well. Hopefully, bug will be fixed in future releases. :grinning:

1 Like

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 - Import Samsung 23 Ultra DNG file
  2. Step 2 - Image is very dark and difficult to view
  3. Step 3 - Must convert to TIFF with another program, then import. I have tried converting the DNG file with Adobe’s DNG conversion program, but the result is the same.

Log File:

2023-08-10-16-08-5.tzlog (92.5 KB)

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

1 Like

I’ve documented this for our devs to find a solution.

Please close this bug report. I have found that the Samsung RAW photos consistently need an approximately +1.5 EV to have proper exposure. This was operator error.

Thanks for the attention though :slight_smile:

1 Like