Proteus, separate anti-alias from deblurring

Why do I have to choose between anti-aliasing and deblurring? I can’t do both at the same time with the way the current slider is set up. There needs to be an anti-alias slider by itself and a deblurring slider by itself.

Otherwise I’m forced to either do an anti-aliasing pass and then a separate deblurring pass, or use anti-aliasing with the sharpening slider, but deblurring does a much better job and I’d much rather use it instead of sharpening.

Yes I don’t understand why it’s not separate, it’s a shame.

Agreed +1

Because the two concepts counteract each other
Anti-aliasing blurs edges while deblurring sharpens them

4 Likes

even ChatGPT knows that better:

"Anti-aliasing" (also known as “deblurring”) refers to a method used in image processing to reduce or eliminate the occurrence of jagged edges (aliasing). Aliasing occurs when a smooth curve or edge in an image is represented by pixels that are too large to capture the fine details of the curve or edge. The result is a pixelated, stair-stepped edge that appears as “jaggies.” Anti-aliasing algorithms smooth out these edges by creating subtle transitions between colors or shades of gray to create a softer, more natural appearance.

“Dehaloing” (also known as “halo reduction”) refers to a technique used in image processing to remove halos or highlights that can appear around edges and objects in an image. These halos can occur when images are heavily processed or when they are merged from different sources. Dehaloing algorithms attempt to reduce or remove these halos by adjusting the contrasts and color transitions near the edges to create a more natural appearance.

2 Likes

Ah that is why you put it to 70 percent in your settings probably even though different definitions the causes are different the results are nearly identical mismatch of pixels around the curves or edges and the solution is the same create natural lively subtile transitions around the edges such as water waves… it is the first time i see subtle waves… flows i never thought this can be solved with the antialiasing but it does

1 Like

The solution is to create subtitle transistions around edges

Even though I’m getting better at finding good settings with Proteus 3 and 4, I would still like this split to happen in Proteus 5. In fact, even if this is the only thing changed, it would be worth the time spent to create Proteus 5. Maybe give it another name to not break compatibility with the old Proteus models.

1 Like