ProRes input to ProRes output video drops a frame every couple seconds

For some reason using high quality ProRes video and upscaling, with it outputting to ProRes as well results in a dropped or repeated frame every second or two resulting in choppy video that is kinda unwatchable. I don’t know if it’s just v1.9.0 but that’s what i’m using.
Audio also gets limited to 96 kbps which makes the audio useless as well which just results in a terrible video other than it looking better.

Please fix this as soon as possible so the program is useable. Thanks

Using an RTX 3070.

i have only used ProRes .mov output by mistake once
and i was shocked
as it exported videos with 80mbit or even 100mbit bitrates

blowing up a small 30min dvd video to 20+ gbyte in 1080p
… imho a complete overkill … what may result in dropped frames on slower systems

until we have settings for the ProRes .mov compression factor, like we have for the .mp4 export,
i will stick to the .mp4 export

comp factor 18 is good for 1080p (FHD)
comp factor 21 is good for 2160p (4K/UHD)

That is the point of ProRes, it’s not intended for sharing and all.
When you encode you get close to loseless compression which allows for you to retain the source quality and also playback high bitrate video much easier. Once I’m ready to share it I will compress it down a bit to reduce the file size so it’s a more manageable size.
Most people aren’t working with ProRes video though so yeah not useful for most. However I want the best possible result. Not so useful if you are working with lower quality or normal quality video. I’m not doing something normal so the higher bitrate when upscaling (for example) just keeps the quality instead of compressing it more e.g 4k generates ~x4 the bitrate, if you used the same bitrate as 1080p it would look worse.

Either way the repeated frames still exist and the low quality audio which makes selecting the option kinda pointless as you would have lost some frames from repeated frames and low quality audio.

VEAI seems to display the video in the program as 23.98 fps when the video is 23.976 which is where I think it is getting duplicated frames from even though the metadata on the output does say 23.976 fps.

Anyway for now i’ll just try to work around it otherwise i’ll have try PNG or TIF then encode if possible.