Product Confusion - Photo AI + Gigapixel 7

@adam.mains @tim.he

Although I am happy to see Gigapixel being developed further I am a little confused by it.

Does this mean that the upscaling features in Photo AI will no longer be updated? Or removed completely? Will Gigapixel receive model updates that Photo AI won’t?

After rolling up all your features into one product, Photo AI, they are now being separated out again. Should we expect the same for Sharpen AI and Denoise AI?

What was the rationale for doing this? There are only so many products I can afford to purchase each year so if Gigapixel won’t have anything unique then I don’t see why a Photo AI owner would need to purchase it.

Thanks

1 Like

I guess it will be exactly like that. For TPAI owners it’ll be of little worth to additionally get Gigapixel - BUT those who only want the upscale functionality and can do without the additional whistles and bells of the full blown TPAI can just get Gigapixel at a cheaper rate.

If that’s the case it would make my decision about purchasing GP easy…but if GP gets things that PAI doesn’t then…well that would open a whole can of worms…lol

Well, I sure hope they do not open that can!

1 Like

I’m a Windows 11, Photoshop user and currently stuck on PAI 2.1.2 due to upgrade challenges. I use Gigapixel 6.3.3 independently from PS as I found that the results were superior to running PAI upscale.

I normally don’t use the modeling other than a starting point. I pre-ordered GP 7 because of the challenges I’m having upgrading PAI. I also use Denoise and Sharpen as stand alone applications and find that sometimes the results are just superior.

1 Like

Also confused… I’m thinking about some upgrad renewals.
Gigiapixel ist on sale for $79 and Photo AI "costs $74.
Is there a significant added value / better results or
only some more adjustment possibilities in Gigapixel that are missing in Photo AI?

PAI is not the same as the other products, the results are different, I have found. Sharpen AI is better, in my experience, than PAI.

The AutoPilot never selects the best settings, on my images. So I turn it off.

Not tried Gigapixel 7 yet, presume I will get a free upgrade as I have Gigapixel 6, with upgrades until October '24.

You can buy them and get a refund within 30 days if not happy.

It’s the same for me. I own Gigapixel 6 and Photo AI and I am wondering what exactly is Gigapixel 7 going to be for me. Let’s hope for a clarification soon.

2 Likes

Released today.
Let’s test and compare…

1 Like