Popeye the Sailor meets Sindbad the Sailor 1936 1080 HD remaster-restoration Cartoon Renewal Studios

Popeye the Sailor meets Sindbad the Sailor 1936 1080 HD remaster-restoration Cartoon Renewal Studios

1 Like

I have seen films like this and the original doesn’t shake back and forth the whole time. The original digitization frame rate needs to be checked. If you have used someone else’s digitization then check it with media info. Verify the scan type.

Frame rates have changed over the years. Earlier films rates were as low as 16 fps. You most likely need to do a technique that in a production style video editing software you’ll need to make three maybe four copies of the video and offset them to fill in the required extra frames.

I’ve seen this done to fix flicker in a video. Fix VIDEO FLICKER in 30 Seconds WITHOUT Plugins - YouTube

It can be a little math-heavy if it is below 20fps, but such good results from such a simple concept. Then you compress or whatever the term for your software and export it to mp4 or the such and it will be ready for upscaling. Remember 60ps for 4K and 30fps for 1080p and lower and you may need to manually reattach the sound and sync it.

I’m getting a headache just thinking about all those steps. One day I hope to learn the nitty-gritty to all this video editing. So much of the software today is subscription-based now, can’t justify the price tag.