Photoshop plug in just makes a new layer

Photoshop 2024 v25, Gigapixel 7.0.2 on a Mac Sonoma 14.2.1. Running the plug in Creates a new layer, sometimes the dialog box appears, opens a new instance on Gigapixel in the dock. rarely the plug in screen appears but both preview panes are bright pink and saving a blind result gives and unaltered image. Same results with the last Photoshop 2023 and with the last Gigapixel v6. Had no problems until recently. I don’t use it that often so I’m not sure what change might have broken it.

What version of Gigapixel are you currently using? The steps for Gigapixel 7 and above are a bit different to get the plug-in back than the steps for Gigapixel AI v6.3.3 and below.

So Google Drive was slow syncing this afternoon so I emptied my Trash Can and ran First Aid on Disk Utility (I’m new to Macs so just trying things) and now Gigapixel plug in seems to be working just fine. If I start getting the problem again I will try each of those things one at a time and see if they actually helped.

1 Like

Exactly, GigaPixel v.7.0.2 creates a new layer when used as a plug-in in Photoshop CC 2024