Photo AI 3.0.4 user friendliness for local edits of photo

A little feedback for Topaz Photo AI developers, re latest version made available June 2024.
Good news and bad news: the good–very good-- is that thus far, the ability of the program to remove noise and sharpen is noticeably improved. The not so good: the program is more difficult to navigate. I often only want to sharpen or denoise one part of a photo, and this is definitely more difficult in your latest version. But I value the product and am continuing with it. All best to the team!

Thanks for the feedback @neil.c.dickie108, I will be sure to share this insight with some of the developers.

With some of the most recent version updates you may have found that the workflows and UI have changed, we have some great information on our Topaz Labs Documentation page that I will link below for your review:

We greatly value our users’ feedback and take each request into consideration when working on updates and improvements. It helps to give us more insight on what our apps are needed for, and ultimately what direction we need to take to fulfil that need.

1 Like

Hello John S.,

Thanks for the info. The link to info on making selections is especially helpful.

One point I would make: Topaz Photo AI seems to be set up like an automatic washing maching. You dump in the photo, and all sorts of scrubbing and adjusting automatically takes place. That is fine for people who want to spruce up a photo that they have not edited much or at all. But my usual situation is that I have just one area of a photo that really needs special attention, usually sharpening. I just want to go in and attend to that one thing, and then do my usual Lightroom and Photoshop edits. Or I may want to fix something in a photo after my usual workflow in Adobe. When all these automatic things start to kick in, I stop it as quickly as possible so that I can do what I need to do. In the previous version, this was fairly easy. Not so with the latest version, though I’m sure it will get easier as I get to know the ins and outs of it.

I do much appreciate the information.

All best,

Neil

Hi. Is this what you want, how to disable Autopilot

Autopilot & Configuration

1 Like

Hi John,

Yes that, thanks! It would be great also if it were more obvious from opening layout how to go in and select exactly what you want to affect.

All best,

Neil

We appreciate the feedback @neil.c.dickie108 :slight_smile:

I’m glad that we were all able to work together to share information! @AND-E

1 Like