Photo AI 2.4: New Workflow and Design (March 2024)

Thank you so much For this! It really helps me. I will take your suggestion and try using Gigapixel.

1 Like

Turn sharpening OFF and then mask only the areas you want sharpened.

I understand, but this is a simple request for the developers to think about: no oversharpening of areas with high frequency details and more focus in areas with medium or low detail. Oversharpening looks bad.

1 Like

I was editing and crushed suddenly at all times. Left no recovery copy of on going edited version. it would be a good idea to save photo while editing like Affinity. So if it crushes I can use the saved copy. So enhancements are saved. It can be reused for later use too. So if you have 20 photo batch in progress and program crushes. The older version. I can easily copy on adjustment set to all 20 photos. I never remembered the older versions crushed. How can I return to the older version.

Pascal translation: I find that the interface of last version is more useful. I suppose that it would be matter of being accustom to this (version).

1 Like

I liked the older interface better, not a fan of the settings popping up. I preferred collapsing sections, more like other tools I use (i.e. lightroom). I know you probably had a good reason for doing it, but it slows down my workflow.

2 Likes

well, i am Dutch, never had englisch in school hahaha
thanks!

well, i am Dutch, never had englisch in school, i learned englisch over watching american or englisch movies and series on tv and using the computer.
But i wonder, are we talking about my englisch grade, or how i use google translate or about i dont understand what was writen down in a reply.

PS that double S in spanish is caused by i think in dutch, than translate and use by my error dutch spelling.

Hi Team,
Unfortunately the new design, at first looks good in design, is acutally a downgrade when it comes to workflow. The individual layers take quite a bit to load. Not an issue for a single photo, but a problem when it comes to a batch of images.
Reg

1 Like

I tested 2.4 both as a Photoshop plugin and in stand alone mode. I find that if auto decides only to reduce noise, but I decide to add sharpening and switch to the sharpen module, the noise auto HAD reduced is now again visible as I work in the sharpen module. This hampers my ability to fine tune sharpening. If I save the results, both sharpening and noise reduction are as I had adjusted in each module. I want to see adjustments I have previously made no matter which module I’m working in, as in previous versions. This is very annoying!

1 Like

Will not be able to check the upscaled preview while working on the enhancement.
What good is it if you can’t see the upscaled preview while working on an enhancement?

1 Like

Wow! I can’t believe the vitriol those guys are getting for doing a great job!

This is what I hoped for when I chose Photo AI instead of Denoise AI and Sharpen AI, which at the time of my purchase were still slightly better than Photo AI.

Suggestion: for sharpen and remove noise, would it be possible to get back the screen where one can see the effects of different methods side-by-side and choose from there?

1 Like

I also join the people that think that 2.4 is a downgrade in workflow.

My work is (almost) exclusively microphotographs of mineral specimens. The various automatic detections never work, but that is to be expected, as mine is an edge case.

Loading an image, I always have to wait between 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the Autopilot to finish doing irrelevant things.

Could we have a setting “Just load the image” please. This would greatly enhance the workflow.

Cheers,

Branko

Just disable Autopilot in the Settings!

2 Likes

I have already disabled Autopilot in the settings!
But it still goes from “Image Loaded” to “Detecting subject” to “Detecting faces” (which it skips) to “Detecting noise and blur levels” to “Calculating auto-suggested values”.
Detecting subject takes very long (up to 2 minutes on a GTX4060Ti with 16GB)
My wish would be to just have the image loaded, and then to present me with the possibility to choose my own values for noise reduction and sharpening, which I now know from experience.

Cheers,

Branko

With a test to check whether you have understood what you have read.

same here