Option to disable update popups

This is becoming quite annoying recently - especially with the high frequency of updates, which are often irrelevant and frankly quite risky to proceed with. Several times I updated some of the tools just to get rid of the update nag, and ended up in a major PC surgery just to get it going again.

Ideally I’d like to be informed about a the version just once, not every time i start a program. Failing that, disabling checking for updates is the next best option.

I couldn’t agree more. I have been asking for this for a while now, but it has fallen on deaf ears. The coding changes to address this should not be difficult. I too have learned the hard way that if it’s not broken, don’t try to fix (update) it or you may regret it.

1 Like

Very good point- due to problems reported here on some updates, I’ve been leaving mine as is for quite some time. I don’t have the time required to fix what they screw up.

1 Like

This will become a much bigger issue in August, when the updates become chargeable.

It’s one thing to wrestle with the install to get rid of the nag, but If I’m forced to pay for the features I’m not interested in, I’ll be quite unimpressed, to put it mildly…

3 Likes

BUMP…
Is there a way to disable the notifications upon startup of the software?
I am not a fan of this notification.
I noticed this has gone unanswered for some time.

Using the Topaz app configuration, you can only defer them, but not disable them, unfortunately. If you are technically adventurous, it is possible to disable them by using firewall software to block the network conversation involved with the checking. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll try to recall the steps I used (which I have now forgotten).

On a Mac, it can be done with a couple of clicks in an app called Radio Silence.

That’s very kind of you.
I’ll just deferred the update notification for a month.
Thanks again for the consideration show more than Topaz.

Can we really not remove this nag? it’s asking to upgrade for updates and I frankly don’t care to do so. in fact I too hate the fact that its seems like 9 out of 10 times I use this plugin I end up having to perform some upgrade which prompts me to close the entire app and perform said upgrade.

Terrible implementation.

1 Like

Wow!! Just came here to find out if there’s any way around this annoying problem with the constantly updating model images, and what a surprise… Crickets! Gosh, I only hope they clean their homes. Might find them hoarding model images all over the place, buried alive.