Nvidia 1050ti not being used in error

I just bought this, version Video Enhance AI 2.6.2

It is set to use my Nvidia 1050ti card. But its going real slow, 0.5 frames per second and when I look into tasks, my graphics card is not being used at all. Any ideas?

In my opinion that is not slow. But, how do you know if your graphics card is used or not?

See, for example:
www . reddit . com/r/TopazLabs/comments/s4oyw8/topaz_artemis_high_quality_hd_1080_extremely/

Interesting, I guess the 0.49 frames per second seemed really slow. So each movie is 1 day and about 10 hours. When I go into TASK manager for windows, it shows the GPU as being used at 0% and the CPU being used at about 60% when its running, even though TOPAZ is told in settings to use the 1050ti card.

In my opinion that is not slow. But, how do you know if your graphics card is used or not?

See, for example:
www . reddit . com/r/TopazLabs/comments/s4oyw8/topaz_artemis_high_quality_hd_1080_extremely/

Yes, you see that my HP Z2 mini G3 computer, which is otherwise a marvellous machine, took 15 seconds/frame to process and upscale a 1280 x 720 video to 3480 x 2160, while a Mac mini M1 took just 1.7 seconds/frame to do the same. So, it really depends very much on the PC you are using!

I got the same issue with my 2080Ti, I made a support request here on the forums last month and haven’t had a single reply to it.

The GPU is selected for doing the rendering. All drivers are up to date and VEAI is the newest version. But the program is using my CPU and not the GPU.

You can clearly see this when viewing task manager and all CPU cores are max out during the rendering while the GPU sits idle.

I’m thinking this is an issue with the program itself at this point.

GPU-Z is your friend.

I haven’t ran GPU-Z during the processing/rendering. But during the rendering, the 2080ti isn’t doing any encoding, it isn’t using any video memory like it normally would, and if I minimize it completely during the rendering of a video, the GPU is pretty much at idle speeds and temps. All information that can be seen in Task Manager in real time.

The CPU however is pretty well full load across all 8 cores and 16 treads during the rendering and the time to process takes forever compared to when the video card gets used in older versions.

Even the Task Manager can show GPU load (not 100% accurately, but good enough). Mine will show frequent spikes of up to 60% GPU load. Running GPU-Z (sensors tab) will show a fairly consistent power draw of ca. 300-350W, plus significant GPU load – as it should.

So, indeed, looks like your GPU isn’t being used at all.