Normal Speed for a 2080 TI?

Hello,
I am a beginner in Topaz Video.
I can’t go faster than 0.8 fps (And I am more often around 0.6 fps).
I have a 2080 TI, an I9 9900K, and 16 GB of RAM.
Is this normal for my configuration?
I’m using Proteus to upscale from 1080p to 4K.

Also, could you give me an estimate of fps with a 3080 TI /3090 TI/4090 TI?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer a newcomer in the world of AI :slight_smile:

yes, that is normal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Imo :slight_smile:
Knowing that, I hesitate between the 3 graphic cards above.
Is it possible to give me about the fps for each?
Still with Proteus or Artemis (1080p at 4K)?

what you can do to speed up processing is to enable two or three instances in the preferences and then let video ai work on the first and the second half or on three parts of the video simoultanously by using the trim function.

I have already seen your video on this subject, I thank you and I will do it :wink:
I would still like to know the difference in speed between the graphic cards, if you or another person can give me estimates?

This is an interresting topic.
Imo, do you know if one can assume Topaz render times follow this site? gpu.userbenchmark.com

Example
a 3080 ti will do the jobb in under half the time:

EposVox has done some testing on 4090 , Topaz Labs VEAI, GAI and PAI.

Here is the result,

1 Like

Nice, good to see he used the old Topaz. But the benchmark shows 300% more but his test gives only 90%. Maybe one should look into GPU memory size more?

Do you know which CPU he was using?

Thanks for the information :slight_smile:

Can I still ask you how many FPS you are on proteus or Artemis HQ for your newer (I guess) graphics cards than mine?

Flo, you can check out this guys testing, he had a 2080 super.

I did an 80sec 720x480p test file and run the same test. And the gpu benchmark rating was pretty close in speed differences.

Make sure you test in version 2.6.4 as Topaz labs working on optimizing the speed for the latest verion.

I have a much slower speed than him, even when he uses his 1060.
I’m at 1.40 seconds per frame (the same under the previous version of Topaz).
So there is a problem, isn’t there?

i7 7820X & Quadro RTX 5000, 1080p → 4K = 0.44 sec Frame --< Artemis, Low Quality, Noisy, Actual Beta.

In the gaming benchmark, the chart write tested with 12900k.
So I assume he use the same CPU for other benchmark test as well.

1 Like

I suggest to uninstall the old version and then install the new version, not to overwrite the old version with new version. Perhaps you will find out a huge improvement of speed.

For my example, I overwrote the versions from 3.00 to 3.04, and the speed was always slow. Recently I decided to make a clean so uninstalled 3.04 then installed 3.05, finally the speed has improved by 100%.