New UI is AWFUL

The new UI, where the available filters are only shown once you click on something to pull down a menu, is TERRIBLE. You need to see edits in context. I use this software professionally and my enjoyment and was of use has gone from 90% to 20%.

1. Need to see all possible edit sin one lost:L the ones you use and the ones you are not using.

2. Now I need to look at the bottom to see progress? So I am scanning constantly from top right to bottom left and v.v.

PLEASE roll back this AFUL interface. It is terrible for pro users and it lessens the appeal greatly. I’m going back to using the separate app on most cases.

5 Likes

If you would like to revert to any previous Topaz Photo AI version, you can find a list of previous installers at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Community Forums | Topaz Photo AI | Releases

We have updated our Topaz Labs Documentation page with some helpful information to help users familiarize themselves with the new workflow that I will link below.

Topaz Photo AI | Quick Start | App Basics

I appreciate you sharing this information with us here and our developers have been informed of this feedback.

I couldn’t agree more! Where are the bells and whistles that gave us the ability to fine tune our images? Gone! And the feedback button does not allow feedback but rather takes you to a forum. It seems that every “update” is getting worse and worse. AND, I hade to sign in again to prove that I paid for my membership today; third time having to do this since I bought this program! Not a happy member here.

5 Likes

How does the list of previous installers tell us how to get back to a previous version? Do I have to uninstall Topaz off of my computer and then re-install and start all over again with all the updates? This sucks

3 Likes

Yes, the interface goes much less context. I want to see all possible edits in one list. Bad UI Decisions, bet bad. And then the REPEATED LOGIN IN, too

2 Likes

Seems like the quality is off after the new UI changes.
I used to love my images now I notice some added texture or bad sharpening look.
Without having to go back to a previous version how about Topaz just fix this.
I loved the way it was before.

1 Like

Indeed. And I also note that photo AI denoise ADDS noise…

1 Like

Not good. And the sad thing is I have been promoting/cheerleading how good Topaz is,
but now I am weary of promoting them and then having friends or followers come back to me and complain.

Topaz please fix this!!!

Agree with Michael, maybe add a switch under the view tab for advanced user or old UI? Also, why is the ENTIRE image being upscaled, and waiting up to 60 seconds for the enhancement processing to finish, when I’m only pre-viewing a tiny 10% window? It doesn’t make sense to recompute the entire image, when you are trying to tweak a few settings to get it right.