New Photo AI UI- why a dramatic change? It's worse, like starting from Sq 1

I was shocked at the new UI when I updated. Why the need for this, complete overhaul when I thought it was finally going well and so many little things were fixed. Now it’s a start over. I dislike it greatly. I tried the masking brush, very slow and clumsy. I am going back to a previous version. Blotchy pattern of denoise and sharpening in the subject. And also, the feedback button goes to the community, not the feedback we used to have which was very convenient. Used to be able in feedback to share images to show the issue, but I can’t find that here. Wanted to show the inconsistent sharpening and noise. Just shake my head, taking something that was working well and doing this… whole new set of fixes again. So sad.

5 Likes

We appreciate the feedback, and I can assure you that our developers are listening to the users. We are constantly trying to improve the application, if you would like to revert to any previous Topaz Photo AI version, you can find a list of previous installers at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Community Forums | Topaz Photo AI | Releases

I have shared these thoughts with the devs and if you have any other feedback you can reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

I agree with you, Sheilah77! Very disappointing. Specific other issues I have with version 7.0.4 (mac) are that if you decide you do not want to save the edited version, there is no button to say “don’t save”. So you have to either delete the edited image (in which case when you go back to Lightroom, it hangs) and or close Gigapixel, in which case Lightroom has an edited version anyway! Which is causing more work, not less. <apologies…this should be in the Gigalpixel 7.0.4 thread - Indyspudman>

3 Likes

I will +2 this this thread as well. The new UI is hot garbage and makes photo processing much more difficult. Additionally it’s frustrating that the Autopilot (which doesn’t do much from my tests) is shoved down your throat.

Having to go in and manually turn it off is frustrating. The more I use Photo AI the more I realize that I only need Sharpen & DeNoise as Photo doesn’t bring anything new to the table.

2 Likes

You can disable the Autopilot settings by going to Preferences > Autopilot and setting the option for Automatically apply filters to Disabled.